High-quality Sound, Great Price!MixWizard small mixers have carved out a one-of-a-kind place in the pro audio pantheon of pro multipurpose mixers. For years, and in every year, Allen & Heath has supplied thousands of MixWizards for hundreds of different jobs, all of which have four requirements in common - amazing sound, high quality, ease of use and lots of really useful features.
Allen & Heath MixWizard3 14:4:2 at a Glance:
- Individual phantom power switches.
- Engineer's toolbox.
- 6 Auxiliary Sends.
- 2-output matrix.
- Dual functionallity.
- 10 microphone / line channels.
- Audio Groups access LR busses via a pan control and on switch.
- Channel meters and new 2-output matrix.
- 4 Band EQ plus high pass filter.
- 2 Dual Stereo Channels.
- New EQ and preamplifier design.
- High performance internal switched-mode power supply.
As with MixWizard3 12 and 16, these mixers have truly gained a place of honor in the small mixer world. The 4-group MixWizard3 14:4:2 is the ideal mixer for live sound jobs and is amazing for rental companies to stock for smaller gigs. Engineers will appreciate the new EQ and preamplifier design, individual phantom power switches, channel meters and the new 2-output matrix. The MixWizard3 14:4:2 naturally features Allen & HH's mythical dual functionality, allowing it to be used for FoH or monitors, recording on location or in the studio. It's universally accepted as the most flexible package for pro use on the market today.
MixWizard3 14:4:2 features GRP/Aux mode switches reverse aux master section with the group and LR faders, giving up to 6 monitor sends with inserts on 100mm faders. Another under panel switch converts the Mono control and XLR out to an engineer's listen wedge output.
MixWizard3 14:4:2 has 10 microphone / line channels with selectable 4 band EQ, HPF, individual phantom power, 6 auxes, on switch with led and 100mm smooth action fader. A direct out and insert using all-metal Tip-ring-sleeve jacks are provided
Dual Stereo Channels
The WZ314:4:2 also has 2 dual stereo in channels as standard. ST1/3 & ST2/4 jacks have separate gain controls and 'on' switch. Each stereo channel has a 4 band EQ
4 Audio Groups
Audio Groups on thhe MixWizard3 14:4:2 are assigned from paired routing buttons and pan from channels. Groups access LR busses via a pan control and on switch. Groups have XLR outs, 3 colour meters and inserts in GRP mode
6 Auxiliary Sends
6 auxiliaries, 1, 2 prefade (option: link to follow pre/post switch), 3-4 selectable pre/post fade (option: permanently prefade) and 5 and 6 selectable pre/post. Aux masters are rotary controls with AFL and can feed XLR outputs with inserts when the GRP/Aux reverse switches are pressed
4 Band EQ plus HPF
Separate controls for sweep and cut/boost on mid bands. HPF @ 100Hz is switchable
The MixWizard3 14:4:2 is now supplied with a two output matrix on Tip-ring-sleeve jack as standard fed from groups 1 to 4 and LR
The MixWizard3 14:4:2's engineer's toolbox includes: Headphone and wedge monitor controls. PFL / AFL on all sections with led indication. Peak and signal led on channels. 4 segment, 3 colour led meters on GRP/Aux. 12 segment bar meter on L & R follows the PAFL rig. Channels have direct outs(TRS) for recording. 2 track record / monitoring / replay. Talkback with trim to all auxes, groups and LR. Oscillator and pink noise generator are provided for line-up
High performance internal switched-mode power supply. Universal mains in voltage: Backup power supply connector fitted.
Allen & Heath Mix Wizard3 14:4:2 Features:
- Performance improvements with new microphone preamplifier design and more responsive EQ.
- Channel phantom power switches and signal indicators added.
- Addition of an all-around 6x2 matrix on WZ314:4:2.
- User friendly options on aux sends and direct outs.
- XLR lamp socket. New Syslink options.
- Slimmer build.
- Pluggable jumper links.
- Simple service construction.
- New meter moulding design.
- Extra feet on connector pod.
- Universal rack or desk mount.
- Dual stereo channel routing modes.
- New side trims for style and portability.
- Separate internal power supply module.
- Dual redundant power supply connector added.
- Balanced channel XLR normals through Tip-ring-sleeve for microphone or line level XLR.
- Pre-EQ aux option added for pre-insert, post-mute.
- New surface mount technology.