Get Creative with Your Own Sounds!Do you remember the good ol' days of sampling, back before computers had gigabytes (or even all that many megabytes) to throw around? It was a great time. Why? Because it forced you to work with what you had. You'd sample in a sound and play it back, often way outside of the note range in which it sounded natural. The effect was often crazy, weird, and uniquely musical, and that that's what what made simple sampling so cool. With it's excellent 37-key keyboard, 21 mind-boggling effects, built-in pattern sequencer, and time stretching engine, the Korg microSAMPLER is a lot more sophisticated than the simple samplers of "back in the day." However, at its heart, the microSAMPLER preserves this old-school sampling idea, giving you an easy-to-use interface, a mic, and a ton of flexibility that makes creating your own cool sounds easy.
So, what do you want to sample? An acoustic sound, maybe a bottle smashing? Or how about a line from and old movie coming out of the headphone output of your stereo? The microSAMPLER's got line and microphone inputs (and there's a gooseneck microphone mounted right on it), so you're set to record from pretty much any source. You can even upload them straight from your computer!
As for playback goes, the microSAMPLER's got tons juice. A full 14-voice polyphony, reverse playback, and loads of playback options let you get creative on the output side. And speaking of getting creative, you can time strech or condense your samples, chop 'em up, bit crush them into oblivion, and even pull off some might complex layering with the phrase sampler. Then it's time to add effects - from delay and chorus to ring modulation and grain shifting. There's tons up can do. So, pick up a Korg microSAMPLER and don't just play sounds, play WITH sounds.
Korg microSAMPLER Sampling Keyboard Features at a Glance:
- Keyboard: 37-notes (natural-touch mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
- Banks: 8 User banks (A-H), 1 ROM bank
- Sampling types: Loop/One Shot/ Gate/ Auto Next/Key Gate
- Sampling sources: Audio input (mic/line), resampling
- Sampling rates: 48kHz/24kHz/12kHz/6kHz
- Sampling time: Approximately 160 seconds per bank (159.7 seconds for mono, sampling rate 48kHz)
- Sample playback polyphony: Max 14 notes (7 notes if using time strech playback)
- Playback sampling rate: 48kHz
- Pattern sequencer with 16 patterns per bank
- 21 effects types
- Inputs: (L/Mono, R jacks- rear panel) Connector: 1/4" TS; (Mic jack - front panel) Connector: XLR jack (balanced)
- Outputs: (L/Mono, R jacks) Connectors: 1/4" TS
- MIDI connectors: In/Out
- USB connector: B-type connector
- microSAMPLER editor/ librarian software (Mac/PC)
- Display: Custom LCD
- Power Supply: DC 9V (When using batteries: 6 AA alkaline batteries); battery life: approximately 3 hours
- Dimensions: 20.31" x 9.37" x 2.56"
- Weight: 4.19 lbs.
- Accessories: AC adapter, gooseneck microphone