Project Studio? Pro Studio? Get This!
Daking Microphone Pre One 1-channel Class A Microphone Preamplifier at a Glance:
- Plenty of options
- Brain-dead really simple layout, complete control
- The Daking story
Plenty of options
Essentially one channel of the Microphone Pre IV, the Microphone Pre One features selectable phase, 20dB microphone in pad and +48V phantom power, plus a selectable 1/4-inch line/hi-Z instrument input, all utilizing relays with gold bi-furcated contacts.
Brain-dead simple layout, complete control
Two large knurled aluminum knobs control the variable high-pass filter (0-200Hz) and continuously variable in gain, which is complemented by a full-width, twenty-segment bi-color LED meter. The rear of the unit offers a Jensen transformer-isolated microphone Input and fully-balanced XLR out, plus a 1/4-inch line output. A fourth connector introduces DC power from the external power supply to the unit.
The Daking story
Having broken into the music industry as the drummer for '60s psychedelic band the Blues Magoos, Geoff Daking went on to truly make his mark designing and building boutique-quality studio gear. His company's newest offerings not only look classic, sound killer, and hit the stage solidly - you'll be knocked out by their decidedly non-boutique prices. Daking puts a premium on putting quality parts at the heart of his gear, from circuits to transformers to amps, while implementing modern techniques to ensure reliable, consistent performance.
Daking Microphone Pre One 1-channel Class A Microphone Preamplifier Features:
- Transformer balanced input, electronically balanced output
- Instrument Input on front
- All discrete transistor circuitry
- Class "A" amplifier
- Continuously variable gain control
- Continuously variable high-pass filter control
- 20-segment VU meter
- All relay switching w/gold bi-furcated contacts
- Switched +48v phantom power
- 20dB pad on microphone input
- Stainless steel construction for noise immunity
- Aluminum knobs
- Power supply included