Like an Armored Personnel Carrier for Your Mics!Here's a good reason to buy an SKB 3i-2015-MC24 microphone case: everyone loves to hear stories about the abuse such and such a microphone took and survived, but no one ever wants to hear the vastly more common stories about dropping, crushing, or drowning a perfectly good mic to death. SKB knows that the only thing worse than accidentally destroying one good mic is taking out dozens in a single act of clumsiness. That's why they've created the 3i-2015-MC24 waterproof, impact-resistant, reality-ready microphone case.
Like all of SKB's MIL-Spec 3i series cases, 3i-2015-MC24s are built from injection molded polypropylene copolymer resin, which means that they're basically indestructible. They have waterproof and airtight seals that go way beyond keeping off the rain — they'll keep out a flood! The SKB 3i-2015-MC24 has enough room for 24 vertically stored mics and is deep enough to handle even long condensers. It has a massive accessory compartment for your mic clips and bulky shock mounts, and a set of built-in inline skate wheels mean you don't have to lug your case around. And so you won't aggravate the TSA as they feebly attempt to pry your case open, the 3i-2015-MC24 also features fully-TSA-compliant locks.
SKB 3i-2015-MC24 MIL-Spec, Waterproof Microphone Case Features at a Glance:
- Ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin
- Fits mics up to 7" long
- UV, solvent, corrosion and fungus resistant (MIL-STD-810F)
- Complete gasket seal makes these cases absolutely watertight (MIL-STD-C-4150J)
- Automatic ambient pressure equalization value (MIL-STD-648C & IP67)
- Resistant to corrosion and impact damage
- Continuous molded-in hinge
- Patent pending "trigger release" latch system
- Rubber over-molded cushion grip handle
- Built-in wheels for easy maneuvering
- Custom cut foam interior to hold 24 mics
- Interior dimensions: 20.5" x 18.75" x 10"
- Weight: 15.8 lbs. (7.1668kg)