Like an Armored Personnel Carrier for Your Mics!Here's a good reason to buy an SKB 3i-2011-MC16 microphone case: everyone loves to hear stories about the abuse such and such a microphone took and survived, but no one ever wants to hear the vastly more common stories about dropping, crushing, or drowning a perfectly good mic to death. SKB knows that the only thing worse than accidentally destroying one good mic is taking out more than a dozen in a single act of clumsiness. That's why they've created the 3i-2011-MC16 waterproof, impact-resistant, reality-ready microphone case.
Like all of SKB's MIL-Spec 3i series cases, 3i-2011-MC16s are built from injection molded polypropylene copolymer resin, which means that they're basically indestructible. They have waterproof and airtight seals that go way beyond keeping off the rain — they'll keep out a flood! The SKB 3i-2011-MC16 has enough room for 16 vertically stored mics and is deep enough to handle even long condensers, and it has a massive accessory compartment for your mic clips and bulky shock mounts.
SKB 3i-2011-MC16 MIL-Spec, Waterproof Microphone Case Features at a Glance:
- Ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin
- UV, solvent, corrosion and fungus resistant (MIL-STD-810F)
- Complete gasket seal makes these cases absolutely watertight (MIL-STD-C-4150J)
- Automatic ambient pressure equalization value (MIL-STD-648C & IP67)
- Resistant to corrosion and impact damage
- Continuous molded-in hinge
- Patent pending "trigger release" latch system
- Rubber over-molded cushion grip handle
- Custom cut foam interior to hold 16 mics
- Interior dimensions: 9.5" x 7.375" x 6.125"
- Weight: 9.25 lbs.