86% the Size, 120% the Power!Korg didn't just bring back the MS-20; they didn't just shrink it down either. When Korg created the MS-20 mini synthesizer, they totally upped the anti. They started by turning to the same pair of genius engineers who created the original back in 1978 who meticulously rebuilt the MS-20 component by component, keeping it as true to the original as possible, while making minor tweaks where they felt necessary.
For instance, the oscillators Korg used in the MS-20 mini, are spot on, as are the LFOs, VCAs, and the filter section, which is the original first-generation design - nice and gritty, and capable of self oscillation. The MS-20 mini's amplifier is also more or less the original design, though modified to be a bit cleaner. Then they started adding stuff, opening whole new doors to creativity in the process.
By replacing the 1/4"-jack-based patchbay with a far more compact version that uses 1/8" jacks, Korg was able to make room for the MS-20 mini's External Processing Section. This lets you play the MS-20 mini with your guitar, voice, drum machine, or virtually any other external source. How cool is that?! What's more, Korg added a MIDI input and USB for MIDI I/O to the MS-20 mini, making it extremely easy to integrate it with the rest of your live rig, DAW, or music-production system. However you put it to work, you're going to have a blast playing with your Korg MS-20 mini.
Korg MS-20 mini Monophonic Analog Synthesizer Features at a Glance:
- The legendary 1978 Korg MS-20 analog synthesizer reborn
- Built to 86% scale, making this MS-20 more portable than ever
- Provides powerful vintage sound, from deep, growling basses to crisp, rounded leads
- Two oscillators with ring modulation provide a wide range of sound
- Envelope generators with delay and hold add exciting motion to your tone
- VCA (Voltage Controlled Amp) maintains the original basic design, but modified to reduce noise
- First generation filter design (highpass/lowpass with peak/resonance) capable of self-oscillation
- ESP (External Signal Processor) utilizes the pitch or volume of an external audio source to control the synthesizer
- 1/8" jack-based patching bay lets you create complex sounds
- 37-note keyboard is also 86% the size of the original
- MIDI In and USB connector provides keyboard and DAW MIDI connectivity
- Includes original MS-20 owner's manual and settings chart