A Symbiotic Synergy of Silicon and SoftwareFew relationships have ever made as much sense as the one that's developed as a result of Yamaha's decision to bring Steinberg into their fold. It conjures up images of crocodiles with spur-winged plovers in their mouths or clownfish swinging amid sea anemones... but I digress. One of the coolest pieces of gear to date that's emerged from the Steinberg/Yamaha connection is the MR816 X. The MR816 X brings to Cubase the same deep integration other DAWs have developed with hardware manufacturers over the years. We're talking about complete integration - from the moment you launch Cubase everything just shows up and works, including fully integrated routing right inside the DAW.
The MR816 X sports eight phenomenal Class A "D-Pre" microphone preamps, but each preamp has its own selectable phantom power option and -26dB pad. To put it mildly, these preamps sound awesome! They're tricked out with XLR/TRS combo jacks, and you can even use them as instrument DIs. The MR816 X is also totally expandable, with both ADAT and S/PDIF digital I/O, plus word clock I/O to keep it all locked together tightly. What's even cooler is that you can daisy chain up to three MR816 Xs together via FireWire, and expand both your I/O and your hardware DSP.
If you don't already have a DAW of choice (or heck, even if you do) you've got to check out Cubase. Lucky for you that Steinberg includes a copy of their Cubase AI4 recording software with the MR816 X. While Cubase AI4 is designed to give you a taste of what the full Cubase has to offer, you can hardly call it a "light" version. Cubase AI4 comes loaded with 48 audio tracks, 64 MIDI tracks, 25 VST effects, 15 VST3 plug-ins, and 480 drum loops - that's a ton of toys for you to test out your new MR816 X with! So get a Steinberg MR816 X today, and turn your computer into a killer recording machine!
Steinberg MR816 X FireWire Audio Interface Features at a Glance:
- 8 discrete Class A analog 'D-Pre' mic preamps
- Individually selectable 48V phantom power
- Individually selectable -26dB pad
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution
- 8 x Input Channels with XLR/TRS combo jacks
- 8 x Output Channel with TRS connectors
- 8 x ADAT digital I/Os for digital audio streams or SPIDF
- 2 x Inserts for Hardware FX
- 2 x independent headphone outputs
- Word clock I/O for professional synchronization
- DSP Power for Cubase VST3
- Onboard DSP-powered REV-X Reverb effect/plug-in
- True Integrated Monitoring
- Full faderless mixing
- Extremely low latency
- 1:1 hardware/software mirroring with Cubase
- Daisy-chaining of up to 3 units