This Controller's Fully Loaded!Sitting in front of the MPK88 is like being in front of a cockpit of awesome gear. Yeah, it's a MIDI controller with a set of 88 fully weighted keys (with aftertouch). And you're going to love playing them for everything from piano-style music to synth-driven goodness — that's a fact. But beyond the basics, the Akai Professional features an assault of control capabilities across its top panel there. You've got the ability to play in grooves with the 16 genuine MPC pads... and by the way, people pay for MIDI controllers with JUST MPC pads. Think about it. Then beyond that, you've got eight sliders and eight knobs to control just about anything you want.
All in all, you've got the power to play musical content, program beats, and then produce your music... no mouse necessary. And with plug-and-play convenience, you can see why gearheads are lining up around the doors for the Akai Professional MPK88... CRAZY control, crazy-awesome value.
Akai Professional MPK88 88-key MIDI Controller Features at a Glance:
- 88-key fully weighted, hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
- MPC-pad section of 16 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 64 samples
- Assignable Q-Link controller section for flexible control of most software parameters
- Eight Q-Link knobs, eight Q-Link faders, eight Q-Link buttons, three banks each
- Key Split enables control of two different sounds from the same keyboard
- Dedicated transport controls for tracking and editing
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
- MPC Full Level, MPC 16-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Professional Edition software
- Works with most MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software
- Includes USB cable, software CD, and Quick Start guide