Get Your Hands On It!Other pads just don't cut it. And if you've ever gotten your hands on one of Akai Professional's LEGENDARY MPC units, then you absolutely know what we mean. Akai has built a legacy on those smooth-feeling, totally responsive pads — no joke. And while the MPC workstations ruled because of their sweet built-in sounds, Akai also gets that these days you've got tons of killer kits and samples living inside your Mac or PC. That's why the MPD32 is so cool. You get 16 of those velocity-sensitive, pressure-sensitive MPC pads for sequencing grooves or triggering clips. PLUS, you get eight sliders, and a bunch of assignable switches and endless knobs for further control. It's basically an action-packed MIDI controller with the benefit of those pads that all DJ and groove production fiends have been wanting to get their hands on for the last who-knows-how many years.
What else can we tell you? That's pretty much it. You've got a total of three pad banks (64 total sounds at your fingertips, if you do that math). Add in the two assignable controllers (one fader, one button), and you've got a dream machine of hands-on action and production with the Akai Professional MPD32. And that's that.
Akai Professional MPD32 16-pad USB Controller Features at a Glance:
- MIDI synced note-repeat with MPC swing
- 16 full-sized, genuine MPC pads with velocity and pressure-sensitive response
- Assignable switches, sliders and endless knobs for a total of 72 controllers
- Two assignable foot Switches
- One assignable foot pedal controller
- Large, easy-to-read custom LCD display
- 30 user-definable presets for various DAW and software applications
- MMC/ MIDI Start/Stop transport buttons