Get Your Hands On It!Other pads just don't cut it. And if you've ever gotten your hands on one of Akai Professional's LEGENDARY MPC units, then you absolutely know what we mean. Akai has built a legacy on those smooth-feeling, totally responsive pads — no joke. And while the MPC workstations ruled because of their sweet built-in sounds, Akai also gets that these days you've got tons of killer kits and samples living inside your Mac or PC. That's why the MPD26 is so cool. You get 16 of those velocity-sensitive, pressure-sensitive MPC pads for sequencing grooves or triggering clips. PLUS, you get six sliders, and a bunch of assignable switches and endless knobs for further control. It's basically an action-packed MIDI controller with the benefit of those pads that all DJ and groove production fiends have been wanting to get their hands on for the last who-knows-how many years.
What else can we tell you? That's pretty much it. You've got a total of three pad banks (64 total sounds at your fingertips, if you do that math). Add in the fact that you don't need a power supply, since this baby can get it right over USB, and you've got a dream machine of portable hands-on action and production with the Akai Professional MPD26. And that's that.
Akai Professional MPD26 16-pad USB Controller Features at a Glance:
- Access 64 samples on 16 pressure and velocity-sensitive MPC pads with four banks each
- MPC technologies include Note Repeat, Swing, 16 Level, Full Level, and Tap Tempo
- Control virtually any 12 software parameters on assignable Q-Link knobs and faders
- Dedicated transport controls transmit MMC and MIDI to DAW and sequencing applications
- MIDI output over USB and traditional DIN MIDI I/O for controlling software and hardware
- Backlit, easy-to-read screen makes playing even in dimly lit environmets easy
- USB bus powered, class compliant plug and play with one USB cable
- Includes Ableton Live Lite and Editor Librarian software