The Feel of an MPC Meets the Power of a DAW!
First off, let's take a look at the MPC Studio hardware. This totally portable MPC-style controller comes loaded with a full set of 16 backlit MPC pads (yes, they're REAL MPC pads) and tons of hands-on controls, so you'll feel right at home if you're a long-time MPC fan. All of these controls, including the touch-sensitive knobs, are super flat, which lets the MPC Studio controller ride along comfortably in most laptop cases. It's also got a huge backlit LCD display that gives you feedback for just about everything. So if you don't want to look at a computer screen when you make beats, don't worry - with the MPC Studio, you don't have to.
The MPC Studio is different from a typical MPC in one very important way: all of the sampling and sequencing is handled by the MPC Studio software. That's right, the hardware itself is a totally amazing controller for the dedicated MPC software that you run on your computer. That means your sample memory and storage are only limited by your computer's capabilities. HOW COOL IS THAT!?
Now you can sequence up to 64 tracks, store up to eight pad banks, and load up larger, higher quality samples than ever before. Plus, the MPC Studio's software production environment lets you load up your favorite VST and AU plug-ins and use them to make beats. You can even use the MPC Studio as a plug-in in your favorite DAW. Plus it comes with an over 6GB sample library that includes all of the samples from the legendary MPC3000.
Speaking of samples, the MPC Studio supports a ton of sample file formats, including all sample and sequence formats ever used by any MPC in the lineup. So if you're rocking out beats on your MPC1000 right now, you can get your MPC Studio from GearNuts.com, load up your files, and pick right up where you left off. What are you waiting for? Order your Akai MPC Studio from GearNuts.com right now!
Akai MPC Studio Sampling Groove-production System Features at a Glance:
- A hybrid hardware and software music-creation system that's perfect for making beats and producing electronic music anywhere
- An incredible combination of classic MPC hardware and the processing power of today's computers
- Software DAW-style environment provides you with a 64-bit sequencer and versatile MPC sampler
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX, and SND files
- Full backwards compatibility includes support for samples and sequences created on any legacy MPC model
- Works in standalone mode or as a plug-in (RTAS, VST, or AU) in your favorite DAW
- Can host VST and AU plug-ins in standalone mode with instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plug-ins
- Lets you easily record each track as an MPC drum program
- Comes with a massive 9GB+ sound library, including all of the sounds of the classic MPC3000
- Hardware features 16 backlit genuine MPC pads, 4 low-profile knobs, and a full set of MPC controls including a transport section
- Large backlit LCD display lets you create complete tracks without looking at your computer screen
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and MPC transport controls provide genuine MPC workflow
- Compact design is less than 1" thin and fits easily into a laptop bag
- Fully Mac and PC-compatible