The Feel of an MPC, the Power of Your Computer!
First off, let's take a look at the MPC Renaissance hardware. It might look like a traditional MPC, but the MPC Renaissance hardware is lightyears beyond any MPC that's come before. A full set of 16 backlit MPC pads (yes, they're REAL MPC pads) and 16 Q-Link encoders start things off right, giving you the ability to tap out beats and tweak parameters in real time - the way an MPC should! There's also a killer LCD display, plus MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and MPC transport controls, so you'll feel right at home if you're a long-time MPC fan.
But this MPC is different from any other MPC in a major way: all of the sampling and sequencing are handled by the MPC Renaissance software. That's right, the hardware itself is a totally amazing controller for the dedicated MPC software that you run on your computer. That means your sample memory and storage are only limited by your computer's capabilities. HOW COOL IS THAT!?
Now you can sequence up to 64 tracks, store up to eight pad banks, and load up larger, higher quality samples than ever before. Plus, the MPC Renaissance's software production environment lets you load up your favorite VST and AU plug-ins and use them to make beats. You can even use the MPC Renaissance as a plug-in in your favorite DAW.
What if you don't want to stare at a computer display while you make beats? Don't worry - you don't even need to turn on your screen to use the MPC Renaissance. In fact, you can take you whole projects from start to finish entirely using the MPC Renaissance hardware controller, just like an old-school MPC. Then, when you're done, you can tweak your beats, polish your tracks, and mixdown in the software - all without having to load up another DAW.
Here's another cool thing about the MPC Renaissance: the hardware comes with all of your audio and MIDI I/O built right in - it's a killer 4-channel audio and MIDI interface. What's more, it gives you hardware emulation modes that let you call up the sound of the MPC60, MPC3000, and other legacy groove boxes. It even comes with all of the samples from the MPC3000, plus other great sounds in a sample library that's over 6GB!
Speaking of samples, the MPC Renaissance supports a ton of sample file formats, including all sample and sequence formats ever used by any MPC in the lineup. So if you're rocking out beats on your MPC1000 right now, you can get your MPC Renaissance from GearNuts.com, load up your files, and pick right up where you left off. What are you waiting for? Order your Akai MPC Renaissance from GearNuts.com right now!
Akai MPC Renaissance Sampling Groove-production System Features at a Glance:
- A complete hybrid hardware and software music-creation system that's perfect for making beats and producing electronic music of any style
- The ultimate fusion between classic MPC hardware and the processing power of today's computers
- Software DAW-style environment provides you with a 64-bit sequencer and versatile MPC sampler
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX, and SND files
- Full backwards compatibility includes support for samples and sequences created on any legacy MPC model
- Works in standalone mode or as a plug-in (RTAS, VST, or AU) in your favorite DAW
- Can host VST and AU plug-ins in standalone mode with instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plug-ins
- Lets you easily record each track as an MPC drum program
- Comes with a massive 6GB+ sound library, including all of the sounds of the classic MPC3000
- Hardware features 16 backlit genuine MPC pads, 16 Q-Link controls, and an adjustable backlit LCD screen
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and MPC transport controls provide classic MPC workflow
- Supports up to 8 pad banks - more than any hardware MPC ever
- Vintage Mode emulates the sound of the MPC3000, the MPC60, and other legendary models
- Integrated 4-channel audio interface with 2-port USB 2.0 hub
- Includes 2 x XLR combo inputs, RCA turntable input, 2 x stereo 1/4" outputs, and S/PDIF I/O
- Fully Mac and PC-compatible