Your Portable MPC!When you want to produce hot beats, there's one place all the upcoming producers look first... the MPC from Akai Professional. These babies have been around since the late '80s, and you can bet your next paycheck that the majority of the grooves that have been hooking you in over the years have been crafted on an MPC. They're that good. And what's so sweet about the Akai Professional MPC500 is that it's the first MPC (Music Production Center) to be TRULY portable. Power it up by battery, plug in a set of headphones, and let the music start. From hip hop to rap, the MPC is KING — the MPC500's built-in sounds are made for it. And with built-in effects, you've got the power to take things in your own direction.
You can save your beats to a CompactFlash card, so when you're out and about you can preserve all of your genius moments. Of course, you can always drop your beats right into your main software via USB — easy enough!!
Akai Professional MPC500 Features at a Glance:
- Classic MPC feel in a portable, battery powered unit
- 12 MPC-style pads
- Built in effects
- Data compatible with MPC1000 and MPC2500
- CompactFlash card for quick, expandable data storage
- Uses same EXM128 Memory expansion as MPC1000 and MPC2500
- USB for transferring samples and sequences to and from a computer
- Selectable Mic/Line inputs
- Q-Link slider for writing Tune, Filter or Level automation