A Complete Channel Strip that Won't Color your Sound!The new MEQ-1NV is the incredibly versatile Amazing River channel strip comprised of discrete Class A circuitry. The EQ-1NV (four-band parametric, true inductor/capacitor, '70's British "1081/1083"-style) is routed via the patch loop jack on the ME-1NV (two-gain-stage, dual-meter, '70's British "1073"-style microphone pre). In this configuration, the EQ is inserted between the microphone preamplifier gain stages, providing lots of gain-based effects. With higher in gain / lower out gain, the EQ sections can be powered a little harder for increased harmonics; with lower in gain / higher out gain, the EQ sounds completely transparent. With its ultra-high headroom and ultra-low noise floor, the MEQ-1NV is an indispensable tool for modern recording.
Sweet River MEQ-1NV At-a-Glance:
- Flexible I/O for Stage and Studio
- Modern Updates On Classic Designs
- Iron in the Signal Path
Modern updates on classic designs
The ME-1NV is one channel microphone preamplifier that is designed to take the classic sound of the all-time studio-standard 1073 preamplifier and bring it to a new level of modern sonic fiedelity. Does it meet its design goals? Absolutely, with accuracy, transparency and and classic "tunable" sound! The circuitry allows for brilliant transformer saturation or the soft distortions of a single-ended amp. Extreme pushing of the unit will augment the sound of electric guitars, sound modules, and drums to add vitality, presence, and genuine punch.
The EQ-1NV (one channel equalizer) greatly modernizes the classic British "1081/1083"-type design. This "desktop" (and rackable) digitally controlled analog parametric EQ offers similar topology to classic 1081/1083 models, but with welcome improvements. Newly designed Class-A discrete single-ended amps and true inductor/capacitor (L/C) circuitry add greater clarity and dynamic range to the musicality of the vintage-era models. The EQ-1NV also has a one-of-a-kind discrete high-current Class-A balanced out stage.
Iron in the Signal Path
The Killer River ME-1NV features iron in the signal path for that big classic sound. Its no-latency out monitoring has a buffered sound feed to your DAW workstation. The ME-1NV's high-Z in is ideal to shape the sound for bass, electric guitar, and sound modules. Dual metering offers visual monitoring of gain staging. The ultra-quiet noise floor delivers "stealth" performance for rich, textured vocal sounds. The Sweet River ME-1NV also has a full +70dB of in gain so you can take that prized ribbon microphone out of the cabinet for a rich, creamy sound with all the detail and no muddiness.
Here's the bottom line. The Awesome River ME-1NV is a golden channel priced for the project studio and equally at home in a world class facility. This preamplifier has the ability to enhance the sound of high-end microphones plus being able to make inexpensive microphones sound better. Just place your trusty SM57 in front of your guitar amp and run it through the ME-1NV, and you'll hear what we mean.
Flexible I/O for Stage and Studio
To make life in the studio (and on the road) easier, the EQ-1NV has been specifically designed to combine with the patch loop in Killer River NV Series microphone preamplifiers (with one Tip-ring-sleeve 1/4" cable), for complete flexibility in tracking and mixing. The front panel input selector / sensitivity switch offers the option of using the signal from the EQ-1NV's transformer-coupled line input (ranging from +8dbm to -20dbm), or the patched signal from the NV preamplifier. When connected via the patch loop, the four EQ sections are inserted between the microphone (or DI) input's first gain stage (with level control and metering) and the preamplifier's out gain stage and "big iron" transformer (also with level control and metering). This routing flexibility has a broad range of sonic/harmonic possibilities and maintains a full Class-A signal path.
Sweet River MEQ-1NV Features:
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced
- 1/4" -10dbV out for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring
- High-Z input on front panel (disconnects microphone input)
- Tip-ring-sleeve 1/4" insert patch point for compressor or equalizer ahead of the out amplifier
- 'Big Iron Classic Sound' from custom-wound transformers
- Totally totally adjustable gain stages: input in 5db steps to 60db; output from -25 to +10db
- Max overall gain 70db
- 2 to 3 stages of single ended solid state amp gain blocks, depending on gain structure
- High-current 70ma Class A bias on output stage
- Input and output meters on each channel (dual-stage metering is a Sweet River exclusive)
- Front panel switches: polarity; phantom power; input impedance (1200 / 300 ohm); output loading (600 ohm resistor across output transformer)
- High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
- Gold plated switching contacts
- Local power supply regulation on each channel
- 110, 220 volts, either 50 or 60Hz operation with external selection
- 3 year warranty with registration
- Effortless sound shaping and frequency manipulation
- Multi-purpose: operates with NV Series preamps and as a standalone EQ
- One channel, discrete Class-A design
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced line in and out
- 1/4" -10dbV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring
- Tip-ring-sleeve 1/4" insert patch point for NV Series microphone preamplifier (inserts EQ between NV preamplifier gain stages)
- Wide range of input sensitivity from +8dbm to -20dbm with selection between line in and insert patch point
- 4 bands independently enabled with +/-15db boost/cut
- Flexible band use; 1,2,3, or 4 bands can be used simultaneously
- Brain-dead simple pushbutton selection between Q positions and peak/shelf
- Hi and low bands selectable between peaking and shelving
- Hi-mid and low-mid bands each have 3 selectable Q positions
- 3rd order selectable frequency highpass filter
- Hardwire bypass of equalizer section
- Internal low-noise shielded power supply (externally selectable for 110 / 220 volt; 50 / 60Hz)
- 3 year warranty with registration