Sweet Box for Bassists!
Click for Video & Audio Demos:
- Shape your sound with COSM compressor/limiter and EQ
- Incredibly warm overdrive sounds
- Amazing sounding, easy-to-use floor processor
- Octave-up effect plus wah, defretter, and more
- Build loops and add kick drum patterns
Sweet sounding, easy-to-use floor processor
BOSS understands that bass players want access to intense effects, but they don't want to get caught up in the menus and programming hassles of a multi-effects processor. Enter the ME-50B. Just like its guitar-oriented sibling, the new ME-50B puts BOSS' coolest multi-effects for bass into a useful floor processor with the feel of a small pedal. Forget about menus and cursor buttons. Just reach down and twist a knob on the ME-50B!
Shape your sound with COSM compressor/limiter and EQ
Everyone knows that the fundamentals of good bass tone are compression and EQ. That's why the ME-50B from BOSS features two dedicated sections for these essential effects. The Compressor/Limiter of the ME-50B uses cutting-edge COSM modeling - including a "Natural" compression setting that retains the nuances of your playing - to give you tight, punchy tone. Simply select the ME-50B compressor "Type" and adjust the Sustain/Threshold knob to get the tone you want. The Master section includes a BOSS 3-band EQ with a sweepable mid for accurate tonal shaping.
Octave-up effect plus wah, defretter, and more
The ME-50B includes a bunch of one-of-a-kind tone-shaping effects just for bass. These include a useful "Octave Up" effect, which adds a note one octave above the original while retaining your natural bass sound-complete with totally adjustable BOSS drive on the octave-shifted note-plus favorites like Slow Gear, T-Wah and a Defretter effect for instant fretless sounds. Using the Tone effect preset on the ME-50B, you can get quick tonal variations with BOSS preset EQs like "Bottom Boost" and "Mid Shape."
Incredibly warm overdrive sounds
Want some extra bite? Switch on the ME-50B's Drive effects, which include settings like "Muff Fuzz," "Bass Driver," "Natural" and "Metal" to give you a range of BOSS overdriven/distorted sounds. A new "Hi Band" effect creates a distorted sound on the high frequencies while keeping the lower frequencies intact-perfect for creating complex tones while keeping your original playing dynamics. There are also four synth bass sounds on the ME-50B with superb tracking and natural feel.
Build loops and add kick drum patterns
Sound On Sound recording is totally popular with guitarists, and now bass players can build their own loops too with the BOSS ME-50B! But the ME-50B can do even more. Using the new Kick Drum function, players can tap in their own kick drum and make loops over the beat. If that's not enough, check out the new Sound Hold function, which lets you endlessly sustain a low note while playing over it. With the ME-50B, bassists can take their playing to a whole new level.
BOSS ME-50B Bass Effects Pedal Features:
- Floor-based bass multi-effects processor with simple analog control
- Killer COSM Compressor/Limiter and Drive effects, plus T-Wah, Slow Gear and Defretter
- Innovative Sound Hold function for sustaining a low note while playing on top
- Sound On Sound recording with new Kick Drum effect for keeping time
- Dedicated knobs for each effect section-no menu-surfing!
- Simple Tone effects with Preset EQ templates for quick tone editing
- 3 footswitches and built-in expression pedal routed to 6 options like Octave, Wah, etc.
- Solid metal case made to withstand abuse