The Key to Making Your Vocals Pop on Stage!Many people consider the MD 431 II Sennheiser's best dynamic microphone for live vocals. But here's an insider tip: pro recording engineers are using the MD 431 II on snare drums for a bright, crisp sound! This microphone works in live performance and in the studio.
Sennheiser MD 431 II Microphone at a Glance:
- A vocal microphone for your star - or a tool for your studio
- Supercardioid design with clean, transparent sound
- Generation II features add sturdiness, improve sound
A vocal microphone for your star - or a tool for your studio
Sennheiser calls the MD 431 II a vocal microphone, and it's a awesome one. The MD 431 II is a first-class, supercardioid dynamic microphone that sounds amazing and looks killer onstage. The bonus is the MD 431 II's performance in the studio, especially for snare drums and percussion instruments. That's due to its presence peak above 2kHz, which rocks accurate capture of percussive transients.
Supercardioid design with clean, transparent sound
The MD 431 II's supercardioid pattern has excellent noise rejection, which contributes to its stage performance. It features a custom-tailored frequency response to achieve added transparency. A nearly frequency-independent, polar pattern sports the MD 431 II incredibly high gain before feedback and rocks uncolored off-axis response.
Generation II features add sturdiness, improve sound
This generation of the MD 431 has a new rugged steel housing with a steel mesh grille to help it hold up onstage. Plus, The MD 431 II's shock-suspended capsule, and a hum-bucking coil reduce handling and mechanical noise. Upgraded internal electronics handle proximity effect, and a recessed On/Off switch prevents embarassing dropouts.
Sennheiser MD 431 II Microphone Features:
- Supercardioid dynamic microphone for stage and studio use
- Exceptionally good feedback rejection
- Frequency response 40Hz-16kHz
- Shock mounted capsule sports totally good rejection of handling noise
- Hum compensating coil
- Built-in pop filter
- On/Off switch can be locked in the "ON" position
- Includes quick release clamp