Funky Design, Fantastic Results!
It might look like an electric razor, but the MD 421 II will put hair on the chest of average male vocals and wimpy-sounding toms. That's because of its massive proximity effect, which beefs up and rounds out low-end frequencies, which is particularly great for voice-over work. In fact, the MD 421 II picks up so much bottom-end, you generally need to pull it back a little before it overloads your preamp. That's why there's a 5-position bass control right onboard. Another cool feature is its ultra-slick built in clip that lets you position the MD 421 II right between the toms and overheads of most drum kits. And even when your drummer gives it a solid whack, the MD 421 II won't mind — it's built tougher than a WWI trench digger.
Sennheiser MD 421 II Cardioid Dynamic Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Glass composite housing and hardened stainless steel basket shrugs off years of abuse
- Internal bass tubes for accurate low end response
- Five position bass roll-off switch compensates for the massive proximity effect
- Frequency response 30Hz-17kHz
- Cardioid pickup pattern for effective isolation and feedback rejection
- Clear sound reproduction
- Inner chassis reduces sensitivity to dust and humidity
- Handles exceptionally high sound pressure