Take Hands-on Command over Your DAW!The hugely-powerful M24 offers a old school recording console style interface designed to combine with your favorite digital audio software and provide the best of both the virtual and physical worlds. The M24 will complement your existing DAW software, improve your efficiency and enhance your recording experience.
The M24 is made from the ground up to deliver the tools you need to bring your mix to a whole new level. A dedicated EQ section (a first), 24 channels of HUI emulation (another first) and more make this control super-station a marvelous investment for the serious artist.
The M24 has 24 motorized faders assigned in banks to control the on-screen faders in the host software. If you move a channel fader the corresponding on-screen fader will follow the movement and moving any on-screen fader in the current bank will move the corresponding M24 fader to match the corresponding position. The M24 faders can also make or update automation. The fader range is in steps as fine as .1 DB. The M24 faders can control audio track faders, master faders, effect returns and aux ins, group and volume levels of MIDI tracks in the normal mode. In flip mode or by reassignment, faders can control just about any other function. Moving any fader will cause the LCD display to display the corresponding fader's channel name and control name and fader value on the top line of the LCD display and update the corresponding channel scribble.
The M24 has 24 rotary controls for use as pan controls that correspond to the on-screen pan controls in the current selected bank. The pan controls can also double for other functions depending on the host software.
Aux Send Controls, Dynamics
The top row of the M24 has 16 rotary controls and 16 switches and LEDs for auxiliary effect send control and dynamics control. The number of available auxiliary send controls per channel depends on the current host software. All 16 controls can also double for other functions including plug ins depending on the host software. Each channel in the current bank has a select switch that is used to make the Aux Sends, dynamics and EQ and plug in controls active for the selected channel. The 16 switches in the top row are used for Pre / Post select or dynamics functions and double for Window select modes, Function switch modes and Aux send mutes.
The M24 is the first control surface to sport a complete dedicated equalizer section with 12 controls divided into 4 bands. Controls are provided for Gain, Frequency and Width on each band with a band bypass and EQ type switch for each band. A soft control is provided for access to more bands assigned in pages (software dependent) or for use as a trim control. Depending on the host software the EQ section can be configured to control a large number of software plug in effects with the ability to use the same common controls for similar functions in effects from different manufacturers across all channels. Imagine having one type of plug in EQ on several channels and another type on several channels and with the push of one switch you could jump from channel to channel and be able to instantly use the same familiar controls to control similar plug in functions.
Transport and Navigation Controls
The M24 has old school tape style transport controls with more controls for navigation, selection, editing, menu control and parameter adjustment. The M24 features a large jog, shuttle control that can be used for audio scrubbing, shuttling and navigation. Audio Scrubbing is similar to rocking the reels back and forth on an analog tape recorder and is used during editing to help locate the start or end points of a sound.
LCD Display and Scribble Strip
The M24 features a 40 character by 4-line LCD display. The M24 has the ability to reassign just about every control on the unit instantly to other functions in several pages allowing the use of faders and other controls for completely lots of control of plug ins and controllable instruments (software dependent) extending the total number of available controls.
- Scrub switch with status LED to activate the scrub function
- 4 switches and LEDs per channel for Solo, Mute and Channel Select and Soft
- 5 Navigation, Selection switches to navigate through windows, menus and parameters
- 5 Transport switches with status LEDs for Forward, Rewind, Stop, Play, Record
- 24 channels of dedicated rotary controls for panning
- 1 IEC320 Power connector for standard power cords
- 155 tactile switches
- 24 motorized 100mm touch-sensitive Alps faders with 10-bit internal resolution (1024 steps) and scalable midi resolution (7-14 bit) depending on the Host software requirements.
- The M24 has 10 switches that are used for mode select and include functions for Zoom, Grouping, Markers, Plug In mode select, Utility and Function modes and LCD and pan modes depending on host software.
- Dimensions: 37.5" (W) x 16.5" (D) x 6" (H) (952.5mm x 419.1mm x 152.4mm) (without armrest or wood trim accessories)
- 1 USB connector
- 3 MIDI in and 3 MIDI out connectors
- 40 character x 4 line backlit (LCD) display for scribble strip channel names and in depth parameter details
- Dedicated Aux effect send controls, dynamics and equalizer controls and plug-in controls all made active by the channel Select switch for the desired channel
- Jog /Scrub wheel for navigation to any position in the song and audio scrubbing
- 1 25 pin accessory connector
- 146 large status LEDs
- Bank swapping to access all more channels.
- 53 digital, endless, velocity sensitive rotary knobs dedicated to panning, EQ and dynamics controls and effect send levels