Don't Compromise! Get These!
Yes, the M1 Active MkIIs look awfully classy. And, hey, a touch of class never hurts — even in a desktop setup. But those cool-looking black cones aren't just there to look nice. They're actually made of carbon fiber, which is light and strong, and allows these cones to respond more quickly than other materials.
How many biamplified active speakers are you going to find out there at this price? Not many, we can assure you. You get 75 watts to the woofer, 25 watts to the tweeter, and time-correction circuitry that makes sure the sound from both arrives at your ears at the same time. That's pro performance. Just goes to show you that sometimes, you get more than you pay for. Way more, in this case!
Alesis M1 Active MkII Bi-amplified Reference Monitor Features at a Glance:
- Low Frequency Driver: 6.5" non-woven carbon fiber with Santoprene surround and dual magnet shielded configuration
- High Frequency Driver: 1" silk dome with medium viscosity ferrofluid coolant and dual magnet shielded configuration
- Crossover: 1500Hz, 8th-order, 48dB/octave filters
- Input Impedance: 20k_ balanced, 10k_ unbalanced
- Frequency Range: 38 Hz - 23.5 kHz (-10dB point)
- Connectors: Combination XLR-1/4" jack with input level control