Get Started with Ableton Live!If you're a creative musician who's just getting started recording, or you're looking for a DAW that breaks out of the "tape machine/rack of gear" model, then Ableton Live 9 Intro is absolutely worth checking out. From song production to live performance, Live 9 gives you all of the basic tools you need to create seriously cool music. And with Ableton Live 9 Intro, you get a solid core of virtual instruments, processors, effects, and additional content to get started.
Since the beginning, Ableton Live's claim to fame has been the nonlinear structure of its Session View. Sure you can use it like a regular DAW, with each track in a horizontal lane and time stretching absolutely from 0:00 on the left to the end of the song on the right. But in the Session View's matrix, each loop, each riff, and each drum groove, all live in their own slots. You can trigger them one at a time, or together in scenes, which makes it incredibly easy to arrange, rearrange, and ultimately create original music.
Ableton Live is also incredibly flexible. You can assign nearly all of its parameters to your MIDI controller, and when you pair it with a device specifically made for Live such as Ableton's Push controller, a Novation Launch Pad, or an Akai APC Series device, you can comfortably use Ableton Live 9 as an instrument or DJ platform for live performances. Powerful tools such as automation, time warping, and beatmatching all make advanced groove production simple. So whether you're planning to use Live to create music in your studio or perform music live, you're not going to be disappointed.
On the content side, you really can't complain about the sheer bang for the buck Ableton Live 9 Intro delivers. For starters, Live 9 Intro comes with 19 studio-quality effects and processors - all great ways to polish your tracks and get more out of your samples. You'll find everything from classic reverbs and delays to creative stutter, filtering, and low-fi effects. And if you need more, you can alway add other VST and AU plug-ins.
Ableton Live 9 Intro also comes with a trio of truly useful instruments. First there's the Simpler sample engine, which rivals many standalone sample and synthesis keyboard plug-ins. Drum Rack gives you the versatility and performance of a traditional 16-pad sampler, making it great for both drums and music samples. Add to that the Impulse advanced drum sampler, and you're ready to lay down beats. And since Ableton Live 9 Intro comes with three awesome Expansion Packs, you'll have more than enough sample content to get started.
Ableton Live 9 Intro Digital Audio Workstation Features at a Glance:
- A unique DAW designed from the ground up for the creative studio or performing musician
- Original Session View provides quick and intuitive composition plus flexible performance and improvisation options
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- 16 x tracks and 8 x scenes gives you plenty of space to create intense compositions
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo lets you freely create
- Powerful MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
- Unlimited Instruments, Audio effects and MIDI effects per project
- VST and Audio Unit support lets you use all of your favorite plug-ins and virtual instruments
- Includes 3 x virtual instruments, 7 x powerful MIDI effects, and 19 x studio-quality audio effects plug-ins
- Bundled with 4 x content filled sound expansion packs
- Group tracks for better organization and simpler automation
- Time signature changes allows you greater flexibility when scoring to video
- Multiple automation lanes makes setting up intensely dynamic mixes easy
- Track Freeze lets you free up your computer's resources without stripping down your mix
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation minimizes phase issues and tightens up your mix
- Instantly map MIDI control to nearly any parameter for a fully customized control environment
- MIDI output and MIDI Clock/sync let you create deeply complex rigs combining hardware and software seamlessly
- ReWire support provides easy integration with Propellorhead's Reason and other software
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support