Love Ableton Live? Step up to Live 8!Just to let you know... this upgrade lets owners of Ableton Live 1-6 move up Ableton Live 8.2 at a special price. Dig it!
You know what's great about DAWs? They're not just good for recording music anymore - these days, there are tons of powerful virtual instruments, synths, and ways to integrate loops so you can make your own music, right in the box. You know what sucks about most DAWs? It's that they're still designed strictly with recording in mind. That's great if you're a recording engineer, but if you're a DJ or a producer, that just won't fly. What you need is a software environment that's got the power of a full DAW, but that's designed to makes music the way you want to. What you need is Ableton Live.
Ableton Live 8.2 is a full-fledges, hard hitting, highly versatile music production workstation. It can do everything you'd expect a DAW to do: record and edit audio and MIDI, apply effects and signal processing, load a full range of 3rd party plug-in, etc... but it's also loaded with music creation tools that are totally geared toward electronic music production and live playback application. From beatmatching to warping, Live 8.2 gives you all of the juice you need for advanced groove production, and you get a whole suite of killer plug-ins that live inside of Live. Almost every parameter on Live 8.2 is MIDI mappable, plus it's got a super-advanced groove engine that keeps your music sounding fresh. But that's only the beginning. The real power of Ableton Live is in it Session View.
Live 8.2 gives you two awesome ways to view and work with music. It's got a traditional Arrangement View, with a horizontal layout along an absolute timeline. You know, the kind of layout that every DAW has. But the magic of Ableton Live 8.2 lies in its Session View. When you work in the Session View, you toss out all of those (dare we say) outmoded conventions of writing music in linear time. What you get is a matrix - or put simply, a grid of samples, loops, and MIDI loops that stay locked to the time line. Click on a drum loop and start it spinning, then add in a bass line. While those are rolling, bring in a synth or some keys, and then change up the whole groove by swapping out drums. You can even set up whole scenes and automatically start and stop several loops at once. What's cooler is that all of this flows in real time, so you can totally redefine your live DJ set or add new elements to any live shoe. Nothing's easier than putting together original beats with Ableton Live 8.2!
The full version of Live 8.2 comes with a ton of content and effects, plus it gives you unlimited tracks. Here are some of the highlights that you're totally going to love. First off, Live 8.2 comes with an awesome Vocoder, which is great for effects and hard tuning vocals. Hey, everybody's doing it, so why not you? And now, Ableton Live 8.2 comes with multiband dynamics, which are what mastering engineers everywhere use to pump their music up. You want it loud? Really loud? Run your mix through this bad boy and you'll make the wall shake. How about dirty drums? With Live's new stompbox-style Overdrive, you've got all the creamy fuzz you need.
Here it is - new for Live 8.2 - the thing we've all been waiting for: The Bridge. Now Ableton Live and Serato Scratch Live 2.1.1 or later play together like nothing else. Want turntable-style manipulation of your Ableton Live set? You got it. Want to access your Ableton Live clips inside of Scratch? It's on! You can even record your Scratch Live sets as Ableton Live files, so laying down your next mixtape (and tweaking it to perfection) is super easy. Basically, if you DJ and you use live, then you're gonna be seriously happy. And there are tons and tons and tons more cool toys in Albeton Live 8.2. The bottom line is that if you want to make music in a way that makes sense or spice up your live show, the very next thing you need in Albeton Live 8.2!
Ableton Live 8.2 Digital Audio Workstation Features at a Glance:
- NEW in version 8.2 - The Bridge integrates Ableton Live with Serato Scratch Live 2.1.1 or later
- Designed from the ground up for the creative studio or performing musician
- Unique Session View allows for a fluid approach to songwriting
- Nearly every control is MIDI-mappable, for a flexible workflow - onstage or in the studio
- Intelligent Looper makes it easy to build and record 1-man-band songs
- Tons of tools to develop beats and apply grooves
- Includes a comprehensive selection of built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors, and EQs
- Features Elastic Audio, for tweaking the timing of your music as it plays
- Lets you mix, match, and add effects without ever stopping the music
- Powerful creative and performing environment for DJs and mash-up artists
- VST and AU effects and instrument support; automatic plug-in delay compensation
- REX file support and native sliced audio file creation
- Video import and export for scoring to picture or warping picture to music
- Includes built-in step-by-step tutorials