Awesome Production Workstation Plus Amazing Instruments!You want a DAW plus a bunch of creative tools that turn your computer into an inspiring workstation, instead of a clunky production machine? You need Ableton's Suite 8.2. This amazing box of goodies comes complete with the mind-blowing Live 8.2 software plus a whole bunch of incredible virtual instruments. You need this! Dive into Suite 8.2 and there's no telling how deep you'll go into your own creative waters. Whether you're entering the world of Ableton Live or are a seasoned pro, you'll reap huge sonic rewards from this suite!
Let's start with the heart of this operation. Ableton Live 8.2 is a full-fledged, hard hitting, highly versatile music production workstation. It can do everything you'd expect a DAW to do: record and edit audio and MIDI, apply effects and signal processing, load a full range of 3rd party plug-in, etc... but it's also loaded with music creation tools that are totally geared toward electronic music production and live playback application. From beatmatching to warping, Live 8.2 gives you all of the juice you need for advanced groove production, and you get a whole suite of killer plug-ins that live inside of Live. Almost every parameter on Live 8.2 is MIDI mappable, plus it's got a super-advanced groove engine that keeps your music sounding fresh. But that's only the beginning. The real power of Ableton Live is in it Session View.
Live 8.2 gives you two awesome ways to view and work with music. It's got a traditional Arrangement View, with a horizontal layout along an absolute timeline. You know, the kind of layout that every DAW has. But the magic of Ableton Live 8.2 lies in its Session View. When you work in the Session View, you toss out all of those (dare we say) outmoded conventions of writing music in linear time. What you get is a matrix - or put simply, a grid of samples, loops, and MIDI loops that stay locked to the time line. Click on a drum loop and start it spinning, then add in a bass line. While those are rolling, bring in a synth or some keys, and then change up the whole groove by swapping out drums. You can even set up whole scenes and automatically start and stop several loops at once. What's cooler is that all of this flows in real time, so you can totally redefine your live DJ set or add new elements to any live shoe. Nothing's easier than putting together original beats with Ableton Live 8.2!
The full version of Live 8.2 comes with a ton of content and effects, plus it gives you unlimited tracks. Here are some of the highlights that you're totally going to love. First off, Live 8.2 comes with an awesome Vocoder, which is great for effects and hard tuning vocals. Hey, everybody's doing it, so why not you? And now, Ableton Live 8.2 comes with multiband dynamics, which are what mastering engineers everywhere use to pump their music up. You want it loud? Really loud? Run your mix through this bad boy and you'll make the wall shake. How about dirty drums? With Live's new stompbox-style Overdrive, you've got all the creamy fuzz you need. And there are tons and tons and tons more cool toys in Albeton Live 8.2.
Here it is - new for Live 8.2 - the thing we've all been waiting for: The Bridge. Now Ableton Live and Serato Scratch Live 2.1.1 or later play together like nothing else. Want turntable-style manipulation of your Ableton Live set? You got it. Want to access your Ableton Live clips inside of Scratch? It's on! You can even record your Scratch Live sets as Ableton Live files, so laying down your next mixtape (and tweaking it to perfection) is super easy. Basically, if you DJ and you use live, then you're gonna be seriously happy.
Speaking of killer new ways to absolutely tear it up in Ableton Live 8.2, check out AMP. Okay, AMP might not look like all those fancy guitar and bass amplifier simulators or emulators out there, but don't let that fool you. If you're into guitar amps at all, then you don't need to see fancy graphics to know what you're hearing... or what you think you're hearing. In all, AMP hooks you up with seven freakishly spot-on amp emulations, excellent cab models, and a simple microphone simulator. What's even cooler is that, just like real amps, AMP has simple controls that produce major results. So you can tweak your tone without consulting a manual... novel, really. Oh, and if you're not "into amplifiers" in any conventional sense, just wait till you run your drums through AMP's "Heavy" setting... it's totally sick!
What else do you get in Suite 8.2? You get a totally awesome collection of 10 virtual instruments, including electronic and acoustic drums, synths, and more. Check this out: Collision gives you authentic mallet sounds, while Latin Percussion brings you a huge collection of, well, Latin percussion instruments - bongos, shakers, claves, tambourines... you even get entire grooves and sound clips. Yowza! You won't believe how far you can go with Suite 8.2!
Ableton Live 8.2 Suite Digital Audio Workstation Features at a Glance:
- NEW in version 8.2 - The Bridge integrates Ableton Live with Serato Scratch Live 2.1.1 or later
- New in Version 8.2 - AMP guitar and bass amplifier emulation, featuring a simple interface and powerful results
- Designed from the ground up for the creative studio or performing musician
- Unique Session View breaks out of "linear" music composition allows for a new, fluid approach to songwriting
- Nearly every control is MIDI-mappable, for a flexible workflow - onstage or in the studio
- Build songs with a huge collection of 10 virtual instruments - everything from synthesizers to a sampler to electric and acoustic drums to mallets and sampled acoustic instruments
- Comes with Sampler, Operator, Electric, Analog, Tension, Drum Machines, Collision, and Latin Percussion
- 1,600 expressive sounds: Ableton has worked with top sound designers to create a comprehensive set of truly useful, high-end sounds, each one an instrument in its own right
- Library Info Texts: many resources now have descriptive Info Texts explaining the characteristics and structure of the sound or Rack, so you know what the sound is before you load it
- Versatile configuration options: all instrument racks feature thoughtfully mapped Macro controls for both subtle and dramatic adjustments without the confusion of too much detail. For detail, just open up the rack and get in close
- New Effect Racks for professional-grade mastering, mixing and creative sound processing
- Construction kits: flexible song kits containing loops and phrases in a number of styles. A useful resource for getting started or for firing up your imagination
- Sound Objects Lite: to complement and extend the synthesized sounds, Ableton and SonArte have worked together to produce a tool kit of real-world object recordings for advanced sound design
- 440 MB of abstract, experimental loops from renowned music software pioneers Cycling '74
- Over 400 loops and samples from Zero-G in a wide range of styles, including smooth '70s grooves, gritty hip hop and edgy, abstract weirdness
- Thousands of single-device presets: simple components for making new sounds and exploring synthesis
- Intelligent Looper makes it easy to build and record one-man-band songs
- Tons of tools to develop beats and apply grooves
- Includes a comprehensive selection of built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors, and EQs
- Features Elastic Audio, for tweaking the timing of your music as it plays
- Lets you mix, match, and add effects without ever stopping the music
- Powerful creative and performing environment for DJs and mash-up artists
- VST and AU effects and instrument support; automatic plug-in delay compensation
- REX file support and native sliced audio file creation
- Video import and export for scoring to picture or warping picture to music
- Includes built-in step-by-step tutorials
Ableton Live 8.2 Suite Digital Audio Workstation System Requirements:
- Mac: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended), DVD-ROM drive
- Windows: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows XP, Windows Vista,Windows 7, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), DVD-ROM drive, QuickTime recommended