Protects Your Signal Chain from Loud Sound Sources!Earthworks made the LevelPad microphone level attenuator so that you can use your sensitive condenser microphones on loud sources, like bangin' drums and shrieking banshee vocalists. Admit it, you've had to scratch a recording because your signal was too hot. If you had put the LevelPad in between your microphone and preamplifier, you could have dropped the signal level -15dB or even -30dB, giving your preamp the headroom it needs to capture dynamic and loud signals without distorting. And since it's made by Earthworks, what comes out of the LevelPad sounds exactly like what went in - just lower in level. Hey, you spent a lot of money on your microphones - use them with confidence on any source with the Earthworks LevelPad microphone level attenuator!
Earthworks LevelPad Microphone Level Attenuator Features at a Glance:
- In-line operation makes it easy to add to your signal chain
- Switch between -15dB/-30dB operation depending on how loud the source is
- Perfect for sensitive condenser microphones that commonly overload your mic preamp
- It's a safety net when recording or performing live - don't risk ruining your take or set due to distorted sound caused by too-loud signals
- Sonically transparent thanks to Earthworks' top-notch design