The Lav of Your Life!What's black and skimpy and goes well with anything? ...the RODE Lavalier, of course! Seriously, this might just be that last lav you ever need to buy. Why? 'Cause you can use it with ANY system! Here's how it works. Some dude at RODE was like "golly, what kind of connector should we put on our super-cool new Lavalier microphone?" And some other dude was like "how about we put on a little jack that lets you snap on adapters for anything?" And everyone at RODE was like, "woah!" And so they did it.
They call this snazzy adapter system MiCon, and it's the connecter on all of RODE's lineup of clever little wireless-style mics. You get the mic and the adapter you need (sold separately, just so you know) and slap 'em together. ShaZAM! That's it. And guess what, RODE's so cool, they even toss in a water-resistant windscreen, a miniature dead-cat-style wind baffle (or is it more like a dead mouse?), and a super-cool water-resistant case to keep all your goodies in. Pretty cool, huh? So, if you're in the market for a lavalier microphone, check out the RODE Lavalier.
RODE Lavalier Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Discreet, low-noise lavalier microphone
- MiCon terminator allows for easy adaptation to any XLR or any bodypack transmitter
- Requires MiCon adapter (sold separately)
- Pickup pattern: Omnidirectional
- Capsule: Permanently polarized condenser
- Power: 2V-48V
- Frequency range: 60Hz-18kHz
- Output impedance: 3 kohms (typical)
- Signal noise ratio: 69dB
- Maximum SPL: 110dB
- Weight: .035 oz
- Dimensions: .18" x .18" x .47"
- Includes a water-resistant pop filter, a mini-furry (small-scale dead-cat-style windsock), an anti-trauma, water-resistant case, and a 5-year warranty