Everything You Need from a Portable Keyboard Controller!Knobs and sliders are great, but when you're on the move, most compact controller keyboards are way too big too take with you. What's cool about the Akai LPK25 is that it gives you exactly what you need from a portable keyboard without the bulky bells and whistles you really don't need. It's USB-bus-powered, so there's no wall wart to keep you chained to available outlets. The LPK25 gives you 25 velocity-sensitive mini keyboard keys with totally responsive synth action. It also has standard octave up and down buttons, as well as sustain and tap tempo controls. But that's not enough to be worthy of the Akai name, so they gave the LPK25 a super-cool arpeggiator that you can program from the keybed itself.
That's a ton of functions you'd normally only find in a bulky keyboard. But check this out — the low-profile keybed of the LPK25 is wide enough to play without tripping over your fingers and narrow enough to fit comfortably in front of your laptop's QWERTY keyboard. Trying doing that with some of those other, so-called "compact" controller keyboards! And when it's time to pack up and go, you can toss the LPK25 into your laptop case or backpack and still have enough space left over for your headphones, books, sack lunch, and even your lap top. Now that's portable!
Akai Professional LPK25 25-key USB Keyboard Controller Features at a Glance:
- 25-key USB-MIDI controller works with virtually all audio software
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard keys with synth action
- Arpeggiator, sustain button, octave up and down, and tap tempo controls
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC requires no driver installation
- Small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag
- Four programmable memory banks
- Send note information or program changes from keys
- Comes with editor software for Mac and PC
- USB bus powered ? no additional power cable needed
- USB cable included