The Signature Bass of a Legendary Player!What do Miles Davis, Sting, Madonna, and The Rolling Stones have in common? The answer: Darryl Jones - one of the top bass players of all time. It all started back it 1985, when Darryl Jones approached fellow bass legend Albey Balgochian about creating a custom instrument. Together, they took this fabulous bass design to Lakland. Now, decades later, the Lakland Skyline DJ-5 bass brings you this amazing instrument for a remarkably affordable price. The Skyline DJ-5 gives you the same beautifully (and comfortably) contoured swamp ash body, bound maple neck, and extremely versatile Lakland Vintage Wound single-coil pickups.
Whether you're after a finger-style, rounded R&B bass tone with plenty of thump, or an aggressive, punchy pick tone that's perfect for aggressive rock, you'll find it with your Skyline DJ-5. What's more, the Skyline DJ-5 features Lakland's 5-saddle Dual-Design Bridge, so you can load it up with whatever strings you like. Once you pick up a Lakland Skyline DJ-5 solidbody electric bass from GearNuts.com, you'll never put it down!
Lakland Skyline DJ-5 5-string Solidbody Electric Bass Guitar Features at a Glance:
- An amazing electric bass designed based on Darryl Jones's (Miles Davis, Sting, Madonna, The Rolling Stones) original custom Lakland model
- An all-around workhorse bass you can use for any playing technique or musical style
- Specially contoured swamp ash body provides a resonant, full-bodied tone
- Rounded maple neck with bound maple fretboard feels amazing and delivers excellent sustain and punch
- Lakland Vintage Wound single-coil pickups give you classic P Bass sound with extra crisp highs and phenomenal low-end definition
- 5-saddle Lakland Dual-Design Bridge makes string changes fast and easy while accommodating a wide range of string types
- Additional fine touches include block fretboard inlays and matching headstock finish