You Just Can't Imitate a Classic Like This!Owning an LA-610 Mk II is like waking up next to a panda. It's warm and fat, and as soon as you realize what you've got, you'll want to make tracks like crazy. But seriously, there's nothing quite like recording with a Universal Audio LA-610 Mk II. Way beyond the reach of all those gadgets that have a "vintage sound," the LA-610 Mk II is a classic that's been used on thousands of the best recordings, or at least its sections - the Putnam 610 preamp and EQ, and the LA-2A opto-compressor - have been. Vocals, kicks, bass guitar, these are just the big three you're never going to record without your LA-610 Mk II once you get it.
The LA-610 Mk II's the ultimate sonic Band-Aid too, mellowing the edge of strings, smoothing out brass, lifting up male vocals, softening the bite of female vocals, and even saving kittens from trees... well, maybe not that last bit. From its fat tube preamp that's loaded with warming harmonics, to the über-punchy presence of the opto-compressor, you'll hear everything you've missed out on by recording with inferior channel strips. And if you've ever cursed the sterile sound that is the disease known as digital audio, then the UA LA-610 Mk II is the cure you've been waiting for!
Universal Audio LA-610 Mk II Channel Strip Features at a Glance:
- Complete vintage channel strip at groundbreaking price within project studio reach!
- Legendary Bill Putnam 610 tube mic pre and EQ used on countless classic recordings
- Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 opto-compressor
- Mic pre with gain and level controls, variable impedance switching, and instrument DI for recording tone "color"
- UA build quality and heritage, audiophile components, hand-assembled in the USA
- True Compressor Bypass
- Mic Pre/DI with Gain and Level Controls, EQ, and Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-Style T4 Opto Compressor
- "Black on Black" Cosmetics
- Larger Metering
- Improved Output Signal
- Auto-sensing Power Supply