Low Noise, Huge Possibilities!Everyone knows that the era of the one-trick-pony mic is about as out of date as wide lapels or narrow ties and recording to 2" tape (sorry guys, it's over). Why would you bother spending serious cash on a limited-use mic, when you can get a killer all-purpose mic for less? The Shure KSM44A is the all-purpose mic you want to have in your collection when it's time to record whatever it is you feel like recording and not get bogged down with your mic's sound.
You see, those high-distortion tube mics are cool and all, but a mic like the KSM44A (armed with Shure's totally quite and ultra transparent Prethos advanced transformerless preamplifier technology) lets you do more with the sound you record. That's because an uncolored sound lets you add the processing and coloration you want... yes, even tape or tube sound. On the other hand, the KSM44A's got a 15dB pad, 3-way switchable highpass filtering, and three pickup patterns - all the options you need to record anything! See? The Shure KSM44A mean more options, more possibilities, and more value than those other mics - just what you really want.
Shure KSM44A Large-diaphragm Side-address Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Features Shure's ultra-low-noise Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology
- 4dB of self-noise and max SPL of 131dB (total dynamic range of 127dB)
- Cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 polar patterns for maximum flexibility
- Dual 1" externally biased ultra-thin 2.5-micron, 24-karat gold-layered low-mass diaphragms provide superior transient response
- Class A discrete transformerless preamplifier for transparency
- Extremely wide frequency response (20Hz-20kHz), with no crossover distortion
- Minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortions
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17Hz
- Switchable 15dB pad for handling extremely high sound-pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position, switchable low-frequency filter (-6dB/octave below 115Hz, or -18dB/octave below 80Hz) helps to reduce unwanted stand vibration noise or to counteract proximity effect
- Integrated 3-stage "pop" protection grille reduces plosives and other breath noise
- Includes ShureLock suspension shockmount, ShureLock stand mount, carrying case, and velveteen pouch
- Net weight: 17.4 oz.