Who Says Ribbon Mic Have to be Wimpy!?Get dual-purpose performance from Shure's KSM313 ribbon microphone! One side of the KSM313 has a brighter character that shines on your vocals, while the other side offers a rich, full sound that's ideal for your amplified instruments. Among its other premium parts, this striking ribbon microphone features Roswellite ribbon material, which is stronger than the standard foil used by conventional ribbon microphones. The result? You get superior sound and killer performance at high SPLs.
Shure KSM313 Dual-voice Ribbon Microphone at a Glance:
- What Roswellite can do for you
- Premium construction
- You'll love this mic's "split personality"
What Roswellite can do for you
If fear of damaging a ribbon mic's fragile ribbon element has made you hesitant about adding one to your locker, worry no more. Shure's KSM313 uses a stronger element made of Roswellite material, which has better "shape memory" than conventional materials. This means the KSM313 can withstand high SPLs without ill effects - and still give you the smooth ribbon-mic character you're looking for.
In addition to its Roswellite ribbon element, the KSM313 comes packed with premium parts. Inside, for example, you'll find a double-shielded transformer, which offers robust output while minimizing RF and magnetic interference. This is a must for modern recording situations. This hand-assembled microphone includes first-class machined steel, silver, gold, and aluminum materials throughout, and you can expect it to remain a mainstay in your studio for years to come.
You'll love this mic's "split personality"
While the difference between the KSM313's "bright" and "dark" voices isn't exactly of "Jeckyll and Hyde" proportions, you'll find that it does make this microphone sound killer on several different sources - without losing its essential character. Sing into the bright side, and you're treated to a clean, clear, and smooth sound with plenty of articulation. Turn the microphone around to capture amplified instruments, with a full, natural sound.
Shure KSM313 Dual-voice Ribbon Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Bi-directional polar pattern delivers premier audio with superior off-axis rejection
- 1 side tuned to sound warm and full on amps, the other side tuned to sound bright and flattering on vocals
- Roswellite proprietary ribbon material has high tensile strength, toughness and shape memory for superior resilience at extreme SPLs
- Custom-sourced parts for superior presence, minimized signal loss and maximized output
- 146dB SPL across 30Hz-15kHz frequency range ideal for capturing fast transients
- Mythical Shure quality and superior construction
- Hand-assembled machined steel, silver, gold and aluminum materials
- Monocle stand mount
- Custom swivel mount for versatile placement and orientation
- Protective wood case included for storage
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage): -54.5dBV/Pa (1.88 mV/Pa)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on front side of ribbon produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3, pin 1 ground
- Connector: 3-pin pro audio (XLR) male