Fender: A True American Classic!
The Classic Player Jaguar Special takes everything that made the Jaguar such a revolutionary instrument in the 1960s and adds some modern player-requested touches. The alder body is loaded with new pickups that provide fatter tone and hotter out. Another interesting enhanced feature is the neck pocket is cut differently for better pitch. The trem plate has been moved to increase the break angle and improve sustain. The Classic Player Jaguar Special also sports an Adjusto-Matic bridge for awesome intonation. The Classic Player Jaguar Special merges the past and the present!
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special at a Glance:
- Fender Style
- Classic Player One-of-a-kind Features
Fender guitars of the late '50s and early '60s borrowed a lot from the automobile designs of the times, which meant lots of chrome and lines that were anything but "traditional." The Jaguar used the same offset-waist body shape as the Jazzmaster (first introduced in about 1958) and added even more chrome across the face of the instrument, including a plethora of switch and control plates, plus a separate bridge and "floating" vibrato rig.
Classic Player One-of-a-kind Features
There are a bunch of new features on the Classic Player Jaguar Special that set it apart from its vintage-styled siblings. New pickups provide fatter tone and more output and an Adjusto-Matic bridge keeps intonation in check. Medium jumbo frets make bends easier and a new neck pocket cut offers better pitch and a comfy feel. Another cool modification from the original, the trem plate has migrated closer to bridge to increase break angle and sustain and a screw-in tremolo arm is also a stark improvement over the original. Black plastic knobs and switches round out the features.
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special Features:
- Color - 3-color Sunburst
- Body - Alder
- Neck - Maple, "C" Shape, (Polyurethane Finish)
- Fretboard - Rosewood, 9.5" Radius
- No. of Frets - 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups - 2 Special Design Hot Jaguar Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge)
- Pickup Switching - 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Bridge - Fender Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Classic Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button
- Machine Heads - Fender/Ping Classic Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware - Chrome
- Pickguard - 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Scale Length - 24"
- Width at Nut - 1.650"
- Medium Jumbo Frets
- New Neck Pocket Cut Has Better Pitch
- 9.5" Radius
- Trem Plate Moved Closer to Bridge to Increase Break Angle and Sustain
- Screw-In Tremolo Arm
- Black Plastic Knobs and Switches
- Accessories - Deluxe Gig Bag included
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.