Tones? Tunings? Take it All Onstage!
But there's a lot more to the James Tyler Variax JTV-69 than meets the eye. Inside, there's a fully updated Variax modeling rig. This rig lets you instantly reshape your sound and retune your guitar with only the turn of a dial or two. Just twist the tone selector dial on the JTV-69 and jump from a 6-string solidbody to a 12-string acoustic, or from a bold humbucker configuration to a snappy single-coil setup. Applying alternate tunings such as drops, open tunings, and capos is just as simple. The JTV-69 has a second selector wheel up at the neck that lets you instantly switch between 11 tunings without altering either the feel or the tension of your strings.
What's even cooler about the JTV-69 is that you're not locked into a predefined set of tunings and models. Line 6's Workbench software (a free download from Line 6's website) lets you make custom models on your computer and upload them to your JTV-69 via its built-in USB port. Define your body style, dimensions, pickup configuration, etc. — the combinations and possibilities are endless! Plus, defining your own custom tunings is as simple as pushing a couple of buttons, fretting your guitar, and plucking each string individually. Also, a new Li-Ion battery pack offers up 12 solid hours of playing time. Now, you can take the stage with a guitar shop's worth of instruments and never have to swap out your axe or its batteries!
Line 6 JTV-69 James Tyler Variax Modeling Solidbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Tuners: Custom tuners
- Included: Padded corduroy gig bag, Workbench USB adapter, Li-Ion battery, and switching power supply
- Body: Alder with flame maple top
- Workbench software downloadable for free from Line 6
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut: 1⅝" GraphTech
- Neck and mid pickups: Custom single-coil (wound to Tyler's specs)
- Radius: 12"
- Neck: Bolt-on maple
- Finish: Black
- Bridge pickup: Custom humbucker (wound to Tyler's specs)
- SCALE: 25½"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Full Variax system built-in with independent model and tuning controls
- Bridge: Custom Tyler-designed bridge