A Great Deal on a Classic Compressor!
Looking for API-style sound from a quality 2-channel compressor but lack the cash flow to make it happen? You're in luck! The JDK Audio R22 compressor's got the important guts of the API Paragon mixing console, but a low price tag you just wouldn't expect. Whether you know it or not, you've heard the technology in the JDK R22 compressor on lots of hit songs. It's got that sweet THRUST function that lets you crush you dynamics without sucking the life out of them, and that's a big part of getting your track to sound big, bold, and professional. And the R22 also gives you loads of flexibility. You can use each of its channels separately, like them in stereo, or sum them for dual layer compression (a great trick for getting silky-smooth vocals that sit in the middle of your mix). Great value, excellent price, killer results - that's what you get when you pick up a JDK R22 compressor!JDK Audio R22 2-channel Compressor Features at a Glance:
- 2 channels of API's patented award winning compressor circuitry
- The same compressor circuit originally designed into all ATI Paragon mixing consoles
- Custom VU metering of both output and gain reduction
- Linkable for stereo operation with true RMS power summing
- Patented THRUST circuit preserves high-frequency material even during extreme compression
- Variable Threshold, Ratio, and Make-up Gain controls
- Switchable metering of output level and gain reduction
- Above threshold LED indication
- Switchable hard-knee or soft-knee compression
- Fully balanced XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs
- Input Impedance:15Kohms Balanced
- Bandwidth: +/- 0.5db, 20Hz-50kHz
- THD+N @ 1kHz, +4dBu:<0.005%
- Maximum Level:+19dBu
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:-88dBu (comp in), -92dBu (bypass), -106dB
- Crosstalk:<84dB @ 20kHz
- Stereo link:True RMS power summing
- Meter: -20 to +3 VU Output Level, 0 to -15dB gain reduction, switchable
- THreshold range:-40dBu to +15dBu
- Ratio range:1:1 to 10:1
- Makeup gain range:0dB to +20dB
- Hard or soft knee switchable
- Flat or THRUST side chain filter switchable
- Attach time:Program and control adaptive, 10mSec to 40mSec
- Release time:Program and control adaptive, 30mSec to 400mSec
- Current:93mA, 10.8VoltAmps (internal power supply)
- Height: 3.5"
- Width: 19"
- Depth: 10"
- Weight:12 lbs.
|JDK Audio R22 Specs:
|Number of Channels
||Threshold, Ratio, Gain
||-40dB to 15dB
||1:1 to 10:1
||20Hz-50khz +/- 0.5dB
|Side Chain Insterts
||2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4"
||2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4"
||No Sidechain I/O