Your Mic or Instrument's First Best Stop for Great Sound!The JDK Audio R20 2-channel microphone and instrument preamplifier makes a solid, great-sounding front end to your recording setup. Take one look at the R20 and you'll know it's all business; the vintage-style front panel is equipped with analog VU meters, brain-dead simple gain knobs, and toggles for phase, pad, mic/line, and phantom power functions. Each of the two preamps offers up 54dB of gain, while low-noise circuitry makes this preamplifier perfect for even the tweakiest modern studio environments. Equally useful for microphones and instruments, the R20 offers rock-solid performance!
JDK Audio R20 2-channel Mic/Instrument Preamplifier at a Glance:
- Elegantly brain-dead really simple panel layout
- Mythical build quality in an original preamplifier design
- What is JDK Audio?
Mythical build quality in an original preamplifier design
A product of API's know-how combined with a awesome new design, the R20 features a incredible blend of classic performance and modern functionality. The R20 offers two channels of premium analog microphone pre-amplification designed to provide a low noise, solid front end for all audio jobs. Meticulously detailed and solidly made, the R20 features custom analog VU meters and hands-on analog control of the gain level. Individual toggle switches control the selection of 48v, polarity, pad and a mic/instrument switch.
Elegantly brain-dead really simple panel layout
The R20 sounds fantastic, and it's made to last. This JDK Audio product features an easy-to-navigate front panel that hearkens back to the killer classic designs; its uncluttered layout of knobs, toggles, indicators, VU meters, and in jacks give you the instant access and functionality you need. Form follows function, and the result is amazing performance and austere good looks.
What is JDK Audio?
API developed JDK Audio to design and build new products with new approaches, taking advantage of new technologies. This provides JDK Audio the ability to make premium audio gear from the ground up, with the legacy of API behind it. These products are made with long-term use in mind, so you can put them in your rack with confidence. And, most importantly, they sound incredible!
JDK Audio R20 2-channel Mic/Instrument Preamplifier Features:
- Dual Microphone Preamplifiers with 54dB of gain
- Custom analog VU meters for monitoring output level
- Front panel, high-impedance instrument in with 45dB of gain
- Peak indicator
- Pad switch attenuates the microphone signal by 20dB, or the instrument signal by 10dB
- Selectable 48v Phantom power
- Low distortion, low noise circuitry
- Fully balanced out, both 1/4" and XLR
- Inputs: Balanced XLR Microphone jack (rear); Unbalanced 1/4" Instrument jack (front)
- Outputs: Balanced XLR and 1/4" parallel jacks
- Max Gain: +55db (no pad), +36db (w/pad)
- Min Gain: +9db (no pad), -10db (w/pad)
- Pot Gain Range: 46db
- Pad: -20db
- In Impedance: 6.8K Ohms
- Bandwidth: +/- 0.5db, 20Hz - 50kHz
- THD+N @ 1kHz, +4dbu: 0.013%
- Max Level: +20dbu
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: -90db
- Max Gain: +31db (no pad), +21db (w/pad)
- Min Gain: +10db (no pad), 0db (w/pad)
- Pot Gain Range: 21db
- Pad: 10db
- Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
- +/- 0.5db, 20Hz - 20kHz
- THD+N @ 1kHz, +4dbu: 0.002%
- Max Level: +20dbu
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: -80db
Dimensions and Weight
- Dimensions: 2U EIA 19" Rack; H/W/D: 3.5" x 19" x 10"
- Weight: 12 lbs.