The DI Equivalent to a Muscle Car!The Radial JD6 is a rackmountable DI with six of Radial's JD6 boxes, considered by many to be the world's coolest direct box, in one unit. The JD6 offers six channels of passive DI that employs a custom-made isolation transformer for optimum audio performance offering outstanding linearity at all frequencies, combined with extraordinary level handling without introducing distortion. Being completely passive, the plug & play JD6 does not require any powering and has the one-of-a-kind advantage of eliminating 60-cycle ground loops. The JD6 will become a definite favorite with informed audio engineers. The JD6 is incredible for guitars, bass, and keyboards and is particularly adept with high-output, broadband instruments such as active instruments and digital keyboards.
Radial JD6 at a Glance:
- Custom-built Eclipse transformer
- Welded I-beam construction.
- Jensen Transformer equipped passive DI.
- High common mode noise rejection.
- Exceptional signal handling.
- 100% isolation eliminates ground loops.
- Virtually zero phase & harmonic distortion.
Custom-built Eclipse transformer/b>
The JD6's Eclipse transformer is made in a US factory that has decades of experience in transformer production. Radial has spent countless hours testing these new transformers to be 100% sure that they stand up to what you expect from your JD6. Radial's engineers have made sure that the Eclipse transformers perform just as well other name-brand units - you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in the JD6.
The in panel features 6 1/4" instrument ins and old school thru-puts. An innovative 'merge' function allows the Front 1/4" in connectors on channels 1 & 2 for added flexibility, 'priority switched' over rear panel in 1 & 2 jacks. The JD6 also sports a -15dB pad to interface with higher out levels. An innovative stereo to mono merge function with1/4" and RCA connectors to enhance connectivity, making the JD6 an extremely useful studio or live tool.
As with all Radial direct boxes, the Radial JD6 is designed for use in abusive environments such as on fast-paced stages of concert touring. A durable baked enamel finish protects the exterior and welded 14-gauge steel chassis reduces opportunity for stress on the PC board and avoids the potential for cold solder joints, the No.1 cause of rig failure.
Radial JD6 Features:
- Welded I-beam construction makes it impossible to torque the PC board. This virtually eliminates cold solder joints - the No.1 cause of system failure in the field.
- An innovative 'slide-in-place' XLR trace makes it possible to use I-Beam girder construction.
- Custom-built Eclipse transformer for distortion-free performance.
- A military-grade PC board is used for max wear and tear in abusive environments. Welded steel standoffs ensure the PC board will not shift.
- A -15dB pad allows super hot ins such as that from a CD player to be connected and balanced for long runs.
- The Merge function turns the in and thru into a passive mixer to sum stereo feeds to mono at the XLR out. This saves valuable inputs on the mixer!
- The input connects to the instrument.
- The thru-put is connected to the instrument amp. The JD6 has a high input impedance to reduce loading.
- Book-end design creates a protective zone around the switches & connectors for best protection!
- A heavy-duty baked enamel finish for excellent durability and awesome looks for years! 100% 14-gauge steel construction.
- The XLR balanced microphone level output sports 100% isolation for runs to 1000 feet without appreciable noise.
- A polarity reverse switch flips the polarity from the AES standard Pin-2 to Pin-3 on the XLR and is used when combining sounds that may be out of phase.
- The ground-lift disconnects the ground path to the transformer at the XLR out. This is used when a ground path is made at the input side such as with a keyboard.