Fender's Funkiest Finish Returns!Seeing is believing, and when you feast your eyes on this Fender Antigua Jazz Bass, you'll know that the rumors were true: they brought back the mother of all funky finishes. So ahead of its time, the Antigua paint job on this rare J Bass first showed up in the late '60s, but it proved to be too far ahead of its time. In 1977 (and a few times since), Fender brought that same finish to the J Bass, but they didn't make many. Even with this limited-run Antigua Jazz Bass, there are few instruments out there that bear this unique color, making this an excellent opportunity for any collector.
Beyond the inspired point job, the Fender Antigua Jazz Bass is 100% pure J Bass, giving you the smooth feel, comfortable balance, and funky sound that's perfect for a wide range of musical styles (even jazz!). Thanks to its pair of single-coil Standard J Bass pickups, you'll also get the clarity and incredible dynamic range that have long established the J Bass as an industry standard. Whether you play funk or rock, use a pick or your fingers, you're going to be glad you got your Fender Antigua Jazz Bass from GearNuts.com when you had the chance.
Fender Antigua Jazz Bass Features at a Glance:
- The rebirth of a legendary Fender guitar color
- Limited-run J Bass that's sure to become a collector's item
- Includes matching Antigua pickguard (similar to the one on the 1977 model)
- Fender Standard J Bass single-coil pickups provide punchy, funky, and expressive tones that are great for jazz, rock, funk, R&B, and many other musical styles
- Contoured alder body and slim maple neck provide classic J Bass feel and response
- A great bass guitar for players of all skill levels and styles