A Legendary Jazz Bass for the 21st Century!You deserve the deluxe treatment when it comes to your bass. That's why Fender makes the American Deluxe Jazz Bass! This unbelievably versatile update on the venerable J-Bass comes complete with two N3 Noiseless pickups, active electronics, easy-to-use controls, a vintage-style bridge and tuners, and a super-comfy neck (complete with high-tech graphite reinforcment rods and a contoured heel). This modern-day take on the Jazz Bass makes an already legendary instrument even... legendary-er!
What's your dream bass? Does it have an amazingly playable slim-profile maple neck? An offset-waist body that's amazingly balanced when you strap it on? Does it have two awesome pickups and all the controls you need for a wide array of tones? Hey, we just described Fender's Jazz Bass! When you're after uncompromising tones that get you heard in the mix, you want this amazing bass. Whether you play rock, jazz, country, funk, or blues, you can't go wrong with a Jazz Bass!
The list of iconic Jazz Bass players is a mile long, but suffice it to say that if this bass does the job for the likes of Jaco Pastorius, Marcus Miller, Geddy Lee, Sting, Victor Bailey, and Flea, then you're gonna love it too. Play a legend!
Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass 4-string Electric Bass Features at a Glance:
- Body: Ash
- Finish: Gloss Urethane, Natural
- Neck: Maple, modern "C" shape, Tinted Gloss Polyurethane finish
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9-1/2" radius
- Frets: 21, medium jumbo
- Scale length: 34"
- Nut width: 1-1/2"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning keys: Fender lightweight vintage-style tuners
- Bridge: High-mass vintage-style bridge
- Pickguard: 3-ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: 2 N3 Noiseless pickups
- Pickup switching: Pan pot/blend control
- Controls: Master volume, pan pot (pickup selector), treble boost/cut, midrange boost/cut, bass boost/cut, active/passive mini toggle
- Includes SKB high-tech molded case with TSA locks
- Stealth "A" string retainer
- Posiflex graphite neck-support rods
- 5-bolt neck plate
- Contoured heel for easier access to upper frets
- Rolled fingerboard edges
- Highly detailed nut and fret work
- Genuine bone nut
- Flat-head screws on battery compartment (for easy changes with a coin or a pick)
- Block inlays
- Neck binding
- Molded SKB case included