8 Channels of British Vibe!
Focusrite ISA 828 Microphone Preamplifier at a Glance:
- A remarkable, value-packed preamp
- Line ins, really simple DAW integration
- Variable impedance
A remarkable, value-packed preamp
The ISA 828 features eight original ISA transformer-based pre amps in one robust 2U chassis, and offers the Focusrite signature sound at the lowest cost per channel to date. The eight ISA-series transformer-based microphone pre amps feature exactly the same classic microphone pre-amplifier design as the original ISA110 module from Focusrite's critically famous Forte console (including the original Lundahl L1538 transformer).
Line inputs, really simple DAW integration
The pre-amps are complemented by eight line inputs, four instrument inputs. Thanks to its useful 25 pin D-Type connectors, the ISA 828 also integrates quickly and seamlessly with ProTools HD, plus other popular hard disk recorders and mixing desks.
The microphone in stage includes a variable impedance circuit, allowing the user to switch between four carefully selected in impedance settings. The original ISA 110 setting is supplemented by three further impedance settings to perfectly match/creatively mismatch the pre amp with any microphone collection. The four front panel instrument ins also feature high and low impedance options to provide a comprehensive and accessible DI solution. Insert switches are also featured on every channel, should the need arise to place extra processing between the pre amp and converter. Classic design high-pass filters are also provided on every channel.
Focusrite ISA 828 Microphone Preamplifier Features:
- Eight original Focusrite ISA transformer-based pre amps in one 2U space
- Works seamlessly with ProTools, plus other hard disc recorders and mixing consoles
- Selectable In impedance (four settings per channel) offers a range of response flavors.
- Eight line inputs with four front panel instrument inputs with high impedance options
- Selectable Insert points on every channel
- Classic design high pass filters on every channel eliminate unwanted low frequencies without effecting the rest of the audio signal
- Six LED in meters on all eight channels provide clear input metering independent of the DAW
- Strong 2U chassis