Don't Fake it, IR-1 it!There are reverb plug-ins, and then there's Waves IR-1. Waves IR-1 isn't a game-changer, it's a whole different game altogether. While traditional reverbs take your sound to the space, fabricating the reverb trail based on what amounts to synthesis. That's like making a shirt for someone based on their wrist width - you may get close, but you're never going to nail it. IR-1, on the other hand, brings the room to you in the form of an expertly captured impulse response. To use the shirt analogy, that's like making a shirt for someone based on a life-sized model of them... way more accurate!
"But wait," you say, "there are a lot of convolution reverbs out there. What makes IR-1 so darn special?" Glad you asked. IR-1 is cooler than other convolution reverbs because it still has traditional reverb controls. That means you can make the space bigger or smaller by up to four times and even change it the reflection characteristics just like a tradition reverb's. Plus, IR-1 makes it easy to sample and create your impulses, in addition to hooking you up with over 100 stellar impulses from excellent spaces all over the world.
So, if you want to crank your amp in the Taj Mahal, you got it. Love the sound of your voice in the shower, capture the's impulse and make it happen. Maybe you want to hear what vocals sound like in a parking garage... try it out. Ooooh... that's a lot of decay. No problem, just dial it back a little. Much better! IR-1 also sets you up with 60 impulses of classic hardware devices (yeah, it can do hardware emulation too, not just reverb). And the coolest part is that IR-1 can do it all without beating your CPU to a pulp. Pretty sweet, huh?
Waves IR-1 Convolution Reverb Plug-in Features at a Glance::
- Intensely realistic convolution reverb
- Extensive impulse library captured using state of the art techniques
- Double precision bit resolution processing
- Support for high resolution audio - up to 24bit 96kHz resolution
- Reverb Time RT60 - The IR-1 uses unique
- Impulse Response manipulation allows shortening and lengthening of the reverb time (up to 4x)
- Over 100 Impulse Responses
- Capture and create your own convolution reverbs
- Control room size to make the space smaller or larger
- Graph-based multiple breakpoint envelope allows unlimited options for re-shaping reverb decay
- Control the space's density, affecting reflections, resonance, and inherent randomness
- Alter room modes and control IR modal timbre
- Decorrelation allows greater control of the reverberation's stereo spaciousness
- Proportional damping to the reverb time controls low, mid, and high frequencies separately
- 4-Band paragraphic EQ
- CPU Usage Control and Direct Convolution Length Control allows you to maintain CPU power
- Mono, Mono-to-Stereo and Stereo components
- Supports RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU
- PC and Mac compatible