Make Your Acoustic Sing!The LR Baggs iBeam Active Rig lets you add an award-winning bridge-plate transducer with a built-in Class A FET-based preamplifier to your acoustic guitar. The transducer mounts straight underneath the bridge plate of your instrument, and the preamplifier output jack mounts into your endpin hole, so there's no visual alteration to your guitar. A "plug-in-and-play" design adds unrivaled ease of use to the iBeam Active System. Once it's installed, all you have to do is plug in and the iBeam Active Rig turns on.
While LR Baggs recommends pro installation of their iBeam Active Rig, they do include a placement jig to make the process as really simple as possible if you do it yourself. They also provide you with peel-and-stick adhesive to keep the transducer in place without affecting the wood of your guitar in any way. The iBeam Active Rig fits almost any x-braced guitar with at least 3" of flat, open space straight under the saddle. The preamplifier itself runs on one 9V battery, and you get about 1000 playing hours out of one battery. When properly installed, the LR Baggs iBeam Active System brings out the natural tone of your acoustic guitar while maintaining perfect string balance and providing full dynamic range.
LR Baggs iBeam Active System Acoustic Guitar Pickup Features at a Glance:
- Quick and simple installation
- Includes ibeam placement jig and peel-and-stick mounting adhesive
- Fits most x-braced guitars with at least 3" of flat, open space under the saddle
- Natural string-to-string balance and dynamics
- Dimensions: 2.875" x .425"
- All discrete Class A FET-based preamplifier for a naturally warm, analog sound
- Weighs less than 1/3oz
- Up to 1000 hours of playing time from one 9V battery