Affordable Headphone Amp for the Whole Band!When you're recording a bunch of musicians, you've got to make sure they can hear! Thing is, most audio interfaces only give you a couple of headphone jacks... what's that all about? Well, luckily ART stepped up to create the HeadAmp V. It's a 5-channel headphone mixer/amplifier, so you can affordably get great headphone mixes to five different musicians - not a problem. Just connect a mono or stereo feed into the main inputs on the back. From there, each musician can plug a pair of headphones into their channel, grab the volume knob, and get things pumping at the right volume.
What makes the ART HeadAmp V even handier is that they included an aux input so you can connect a second stereo source - maybe the stereo output of a CD player, maybe a metronome... whatever you want. Finally, you even have insert points for channels 3, 4, and 5 (marked the Roman way... III, IV, and V). That way you can insert a reverb or EQ on certain channels.
Need to work with more than five musicians at once? Good luck! Just kidding. You can use the link jack on the rear of the HeadAmp V and connect it to another HeadAmp V to get headphone feeds to up to 10 musicians at once. Cool, right?
ART HeadAmp V 5-channel Headphone Amplifier Features at a Glance:
- 5-channel headphone amplifier with independent level controls
- Five 1/4" stereo headphone output jacks
- 1/4" TRS insert jacks for adding reverb, EQ, etc.
- Left and right RCA inputs, left and right 1/4" inputs
- The right 1/4" input will also accept a stereo TRS connector and stereo mix (such as the headphone output from a mixer)
- 1/4" TRS Link jack lets you connect two HeadAmp V units together for a 10-channel system with four inserts and four input sources