Get High-definition Sound!
Mackie HD1521 Active 2-way High-definition Loudspeaker at a Glance:
- Employs patented acoustic-correction algorithms for extreme clarity
- Durable-yet-handsome design allows for stacking, pole mounting, or flying
- Custom-designed, fine-tuned transducers ensure max efficiency and performance
- Offers an incredible amount of power — 1,600 watts — in a smart 2-way design
- Built-in 3-band EQ lets you tailor your tone
Offers an incredible amount of power — 1,600 watts — in a smart 2-way design
If anyone knows loudspeaker technology — and live sound technology at large — it's Mackie. They've been leaders in the field for a long time. But, with the HD1521 — Mackie set out to push the boundaries of loudspeaker technology and raise the bar for everyone else. They've put together a "high-definition" 2-way loudspeaker, boasting an impressive 1,600 watts in an efficient 2-way design. What's the secret behind the HD1521? There are more than one; it's got "Fast Recovery" amplification for clean audio under the tweakiest of situations, patented acoustic-correction algorithms, amazing transducer designs, and useful you-tailor-it extras — all working together toward one clean and articulate common goal.
Employs patented acoustic-correction algorithms for extreme clarity
The Mackie HD1521 is packed with Mackie's patented "High-definition Audio Processing," which uses state-of-the-art acoustic-correction algorithms to correct the common issues inherent in horns and woofers. With the HD1521, the horn-loaded drivers won't have that "honkiness," and you won't have those nasty resonances in the upper range of cone drivers. You can expect a new level of clarity in your live sound venue.
Custom-designed, fine-tuned transducers ensure max efficiency and performance
The gurus at Mackie worked alongside the gurus at Eastern Acoustic Works to develop the best loudspeaker possible. And, the HD1521 certainly benefits from the sum of its parts. EAW developed fine-tuned transducers, for incredible efficiency and performance. THe HD1521's 15" neodymium woofer and 3" voice coil are made to handle the extreme power the bass amp sends its way. Thanks to the use of neodymium, the woofer can be lightweight — without sacrificing performance. Next, the 3" voice-coil is made to handle and dissipate more heat than old school designs. Finally, the EAW-designed 1.75" compression driver employs a heat-treated titanium diaphragm to brilliantly reproduce high-frequencies. The heat treatment serves to increase the HD1521's diaphragm rigidity, so to eliminate nasty distortion from surface inconsistencies. Beyond that, it also increases the life of the HD1521's driver: count on amazing treble production for years to come.
Built-in 3-band EQ lets you tailor your tone
On top of all the sonic prowess already engineered right into the Mackie HD1521 active 2-way loudspeaker, you've also got the capability to tailor the tone to your liking. Built-in, there's a user-adjustable 3-band equalization system. Not contented to provide only a 2-position EQ switch, Mackie adorned the HD1521 with a superb-quality 3-band EQ, complete with high- and bass shelving and a sweepable mid frequency. Each allows for +/- 3dB of gain.
Durable-yet-handsome design allows for stacking, pole mounting, or flying
To top off the Mackie HD1521 and throw it into the realm of the truly elite, Mackie gave it a pro all-wood enclosure. It features a rugged 15-mm birch plywood cabinet with hardy internal bracing, all coated with durable textured black paint. On the front of the HD1521, there's a cold-rolled, powder-coated steel grille, which offers it a modern look that's sure to fit into any environment. And, if you want to go totally stealth with it, you can even turn off Mackie's signature blue LED light on the front of the loudspeaker. Though, wherever you want to set it up, you'll be ready. The Mackie HD1521 loudspeaker can be professionally flown, thanks to its 12 integrated fly points for vertical or horizontal rigging. It's also completely pole mountable, and totally stackable. In all cases, the HD1521 is engineered for stability.
Mackie HD1521 Active 2-way High-definition Loudspeaker Features:
- High-definition 2-way loudspeaker
- Delivers outstanding, articulate power
- Patented acoustic-correction algorithms contribute to incredible clarity
- Built-in 3-band EQ lets you tailor your tone
- Specially designed transducers by EAW (Eastern Acoustic Works)
- For versatility, it can by flown, pole-mounted, or stacked
Mackie HD1521 Active 2-way High-definition Loudspeaker Specifications:
- High-definition active 2-way loudspeaker
- 1,600-watt total rig power using Class-D Fast Recovery amplification
- LF 700W RMS / 1400W peak
- HF 100W RMS / 200W peak
- Custom-designed transducers by EAW
- Precision 2-way crossover
- 15" neodymium woofer with 3" voice coil
- 1.75" titanium compression driver
- 3-band equalization with sweepable midrange
- Flyable and pole-mountable
- Rugged all-birch cabinet
- Ultra-compact and lightweight (80 lbs.)