Got Big Ideas? Here's the Little Recorder for You!
The H1 can take up to 32GB microSD cards, so space isn't an issue either. Got a song idea? Bust out your H1 and record it. How about a lecture? Mount your H1 on a little tripod and record it. After that, maybe you've got band practice or you want to capture some ambient sound for a video you're working on... record it and record it - piece of cake! What about a video shoot? Mount it on the camera's shoe, record it... presto, all done! Now it's time for your daily vlog post - set the H1 to 320kbps MP3 format, record it, upload it via USB 2.0 to your computer, and post it in minutes. Get the picture? The H1's stupid-easy to use and so small you can always have it on hand.
Really, there are only five buttons, two volume controls (input and output, in case you're wondering) and that's it. A large LCD display also helps you keep an eye on what you're doing. If there's a H1 in your pocket, you're always just one button press away from recording... which is why it's a good thing you can lock the controls, actually. There's also a switch on the back for highpass filtering and auto levels, so you don't have to worry about handling noise or even setting the levels right. You just point it, and the H1 works its magic. Now, that's an awful lot of recorder for next to no dough. What's not to love about the Zoom H1 handy recorder!?
Zoom H1 Portable Handheld Recorder Features at a Glance:
- Stereo XY mic configuration captures perfect stereo images
- Same frequency and SPL handling as the popular Zoom H2
- Records Broadcast WAV (BWF) at 96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz, at 16-bit or 24-bit
- Records MP3 from 48kbps-320kbps for maximum recording time
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 port
- Built-in reference speaker
- Includes 2GB microSD memory card and 1 AA battery
- 10 hours operation
- Accommodates up to 32GB microSDHC memory cards
- Track marker function
- Low-cut filter
- Built-in mounting joint for tripod mount
- 1/8" external mic input
- Stereo 1/8" line output
- Auto record level