Lay Down Beats, Without Cracking the Manual!Seriously, nothing sucks like having to bust out a tutorial or flip to a manual every time you want to lay down some beats. Even clunky tools and a bad UI can take the jam out of your doughnut when you're in the mood to make music. That's why you've got to get FXpansion's Geist virtual sampling drum machine. This sweet soft sampler's so easy to use you're never going to have to crack the manual to sample, slice, loop, sequence, and slap together tracks... well, unless you're like my poor cousin Stu, who's still got to whip out the literature to make toast... silly boy.
Anyway, that's not all. Geist is more than just easy to use, it's monstrously powerful. Yeah, you can use it to throw a bunch of prefab loops together, tweak 'em, and call it a done job, but there's more the Geist than that. Geist comes armed with a wicked sampler that you can use to lay down your own loops. Just record or resample a groove, and in a single click, Geist will cut that sucker up and toss the slices onto 16 virtual pads, all ready for you to do your thing with. How about effects? Geist has 'em! We're talking about compression, filtering, drive, verb - the works! Plus, you've got a step sequencer that lets you trow down some seriously sick parameter automation.
When it's time to toss it all together and lay down your track, just flip Geist into song mode and you're good to go. Geist's linear song mode makes arranging loops and recording automation a snap. And the whole shebang's built around an absurdly straightforward browser, so you won't waste time or lose motivation going from the sampler to the step sequencer to the effects to the song arranger. One look at Geist and it's clear to see that the dudes who made it are serious electronic musicians!
FXpansion Geist Sampling Drum Machine Software/Plug-in Instrument Features at a Glance:
- Pattern sequencing, scene switching, and integrated song mode allow creative songwriting
- Groove sampling and resampling tools let you capture new sounds and loops
- Full-featured beat slicing, detection, and classification makes sampling simple
- Real-time recording with retro capture
- Step-automation for parameters
- Integrated Dirac3 time-stretch/pitch-shift
- 30 effect types, including DCAM circuit-modeled filters, dynamics and drive, as well as Overloud Breverb algorithms
- Intuitive and powerful browser
- Full MIDI and audio export
- Standalone operation, as well as RTAS, AU, and VST plug-in format
- Mac and PC compatible (including 64-bit host integration)
- Includes exclusive sounds and presets from Goldbaby, Groove Criminals, Armin Van Buuren, D. Ramirez, Dom Kane, KJ Sawka, portion control, and more