Reliable Power Amp!The QSC GX5 700-watt power amp sports your speakers the power they need while giving you the efficiency and protective features you want for really simple operation and peace of mind. The GX5 uses cutting-edge parts for both light weight and reliability. Its Guardrail protection allows delivery of peak power while preventing overloads. It's equipped with a crossover switch, so adding a subwoofer to your rig is a snap. Optimized for 4- and 8-ohm speakers, this amp also fits perfectly into popular racks, and its lightweight design (less than 30 lbs.) makes the GX5 incredibly really simple to transport.
QSC GX5 700-watt Power Amp at a Glance:
- The right amount of power for your application
- GuardRail: protection from overloads
- Subwoofer-ready when you are
- Efficient operation
The right amount of power for your application
GX amps deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers. Most loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amp with power output equal to the speaker's "Program (Music) Power" rating or two times the "Continuous (RMS) Power" rating.
The GX5 has full performance for 500 watt (Program) speakers. It supplies max possible power to 4 ohm and 8 ohm loads. Owners of popular 4 ohm loudspeakers (dual-woofer, two-way models and many subwoofers) will find the 700 watt (4 ohm) power of the GX5 an ideal match.
The GX5 uses a Class H system, based on key elements of the PLX Series, almost doubling power in the same size and weight. QSC design expertise allows the output devices to shift from low-power to high-power rails in less than a millionth of a second, ensuring that the output power is always right where it needs to be without excess loss.
Both the 700-watt GX5 and 425-watt GX3 amps use premium toroidal power transformers for reliable "mid-weight" performance. A variable-speed fan moves air crosswise through the amp, drawing cool air in over the power transformer, through the fan, and then over the heat sink. This keeps the transformer cool and allows a full size heat sink to fit in a down-sized chassis. As always, the amps are fully protected from the usual hazards of the trade, ensuring stable performance and long life.
GuardRail: protection from overloads
GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns.
Subwoofer-ready when you are
A subwoofer reduces strain on the full-range speaker, allowing it to play louder, or letting a smaller speaker do the same job. The GX Series supports this mode with a Crossover switch that splits the full-range in entering Ch 1, sending 20Hz-100Hz to the sub (Ch 1) and 100Hz-20kHz to the top box (Ch 2). The front panel gain controls balance the sub and top box, while GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range.
QSC GX5 700-watt Power Amp Features:
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers
- Optimized for max real-world headroom into 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" Tip-ring-sleeve and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon combo works with, 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems.
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) fits in small, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight - less than 30 lbs.
- Detented gain controls for accurate setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail automatically protects the amp and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor power, signal and clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in
- Power at 4 ohms/1kHz (both channels driven): 700W
- Distortion (typical): 20Hz-20kHz, 1dB below rated power
- Dynamic headroom (4 ohms): 2dB
- Input impedance (ohms): greater than 20k (balanced)
- Max input level: +24 dB (16 Vrms)
- Input connectors (each channel):
3-pin XLR and 1/4" Tip-ring-sleeve, balanced, parallel
- Output connectors (each channel)
Speakon, 1/4", binding posts
- Amp and load protection:
Short circuit; open circuit; thermal; RF protection; load protected against DC faults
- Front-panel controls and indicators: Gain controls, 21 detents; red clip LEDs, proportional, 0.1% THD threshold; green signal LEDs, threshold -35dB; blue power LED, AC on
- Rear panel controls: Full range/crossover switch
100Hz, 3rd order LP (sub), 2nd order HP (top)
- Dimensions" Height: 3.5"/2RU;
width: 19"; depth: 10.1"
- Net weight: 28 lbs.