Lightweight Power Amp at a Nice Price!Not all power amps are created equal. And when you're counting on your power amp to perform, you want to trust it. Power amps are not the kind of gear you want to "cross your fingers" about. And that's exactly why you go with QSC. These guys have been making some of the world's best, most dependable power amps - and they've been making them for a long time now. So you know that when you put the QSC GX3 to work, you're not just getting a power amp... you're getting part of a power amp legacy. And that's important.
So let's dig into the nitty gritty and tell the story here. The QSC GX3 is a 425W (4 ohms, stereo) power amplifier that's optimized for maximum real-world headroom. It's got XLR, TRS, and phono input connectors so it'll fit into any system. Plus GuardRail automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers, in the event of temperature rise or overdrive - all without making your show go dark. So already, we've got three bonuses: the power you need, the flexibility you need, and the protection you need. Not a bad combination. And with a light weight (under 30 lbs.) plus detented gain controls so you can precisely set it... you've got a winner with the QSC GX3.
QSC GX3 425W Power Amplifier Features at a Glance:
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon combo accepts, 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems.
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight - less than 30 lbs.
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor power, signal and clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in
- Power at 4 ohms/1kHz (both channels driven): 425W
- Distortion (typical): 20Hz-20kHz, 1dB below rated power
- Dynamic headroom (4 ohms): 2dB
- Input impedance (ohms): reater than 20k (balanced)
- Maximum input level: +24dB (16 Vrms)
- Input connectors (each channel):3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS, balanced, parallelPhono, unbalanced
- Output connectors (each channel)Speakon, 1/4", binding posts
- Amplifier and load protection:Short circuit; open circuit; thermal; RF protection; load protected against DC faults
- Front-panel controls and indicators: Gain controls, 21 detents; red clip LEDs, proportional, 0.1% THD threshold; green signal LEDs, threshold -35dB; blue power LED, AC on
- Rear panel controls: Full range/crossover switch100Hz, 3rd order LP (sub), 2nd order HP (top)
- Dimensions" Height: 3.5"/2RU;width: 19"; depth: 10.1"
- Net weight: 27 lbs.