Perform, Arrange, Create!
Click for Video & Audio Demos:
- Karaoke-style sing-along
- USB flash memory player
- Expressive performance controls
- Style converter and playlist editor
- Intelligent backing styles
- Built-in 16-track sequencer
- Graphic LCD display
- Leading sound engine onboard
Leading sound engine onboard
The incredible sounds on the Roland GW-8 are fueled by Roland's flagship 128-voice sound engine derived from the renowned Fantom-X series. Roland chose the freshest and most essential sounds and took them straight from their top workstations.
Intelligent backing styles
It's up to you whether you use them as a launching pad for writing songs, or as backup for your one-man-band, but the GW-8 includes a wealth of backing styles to match virtually any genre. Equipped with multiple intros, main patterns, and ending progressions for each style, the GW-8 makes it really simple to craft and tailor your arrangements on the fly for even more expressive performances. The styles on the Roland GW-8 range from rock, jazz, contemporary pop, dance, and beyond, and it also includes a host of ethnic instrument sounds with a particular focus on Latin American genres.
USB flash memory player
The GW-8 becomes an even more dynamic performance tool thanks to its built-in USB memory player feature. Via a flash memory stick, you can play MP3, .WAV, AIFF, and SMF formatted files to act as pre-recorded backing vocals, ambiences, and more when you're out hitting the stage live on the stage.
Style converter and playlist editor
Another incredible benefit the GW-8 offers is a bundled style converter software program for PC. You can actually make your totally own custom backing styles using MIDI data and then load them onto your GW-8 using a USB flash memory stick so they're right there and simple to trigger during performances. Plus, there's a Playlist Editor included as well that lets you customize the order of songs so you can make a special playlist for each gig.
The Karaoke-style feature on the GW-8 is a valuable tool for any musician hitting the stage covers on a regular basis, and also for when you want to brush up on your parts and rehearse without the band. Just load any pre-recorded song onto a USB flash memory key, plug it in, and click the GW-8's Center Cancel function. The GW-8 will instantly minimize the main vocals from pre-recorded songs so you can sing the part and play or add your own parts alongside the rest of the virtual "band."
Expressive performance controls
One hallmark of Roland keyboards is their true performer-friendly features, and the GW-8 sports just that. Despite its value-packed price, the GW-8 is equipped with cutting-edge D BEAM functionality found on the high-end Roland keyboards and workstations. With D BEAM, you can actually wave your hand over an infrared beam of light to send various controller changes, depending on what function you've selected allowing for even more expressive, nuanced performances. Plus, the GW-8 includes a Style Select button for quickly switching between styles, plus an Analog Modify knob so you can adjust and dial in sounds as you hit the stage!
Built-in 16-track sequencer
Using the GW-8's built-in 16-track sequencer, you can easily save your entire interactive performances or even flesh out full compositions of new songs. Rather than basic 2- or 4-track sequencers, the GW-8's 16 tracks give you a lot more room to exercise your creativity - plus, there's cutting-edge features such as in quantize, and punch in-out so you can really get inside your tracks.
Graphic LCD display
Whether you're playing in broad daylight or in a dimly lit club, the GW-8 makes it simple to see just what's happening on your keyboard with its large, white graphic LCD display and buttons that back-light when you have them currently selected.
Roland GW-8 61-key Keyboard Workstation Features:
- 61 keys with velocity
- Max polyphony - 128 voices
- Parts - 16 parts, plus keyboard part
- Wave memory - 256MB (16-bit linear equivalent)
- Preset memory - Performances: 128, Tones: 896 + 256(GM2) + World, Rhythm Sets: 32 + 9 (GM2) + World
- User memory - Performances: 128, favorite performances: 100, favorite tones: 100
- Effects - MFX: upper and lower / 78 types, Chorus: 3 types, Reverb: 5 types
- Back type - Style, song, USB memory player
- Tempo (MIDI) - 20 to 250
- Style variations - 4 intro, 4 main, 4 ending, 4 fill in, synch, start, stop, one-touch setting
- Song recorder - 16-track, record mode (mix, replace), count in, punch in-out, input quantize
- USB memory player - 999 songs, SMF: format-0/1, Audio File: WAV/AIFF/MP3
- Preset memory - Styles: 130 + World
- User memory - Styles: 100, Songs: 200
- Controllers: D BEAM, Pitch/bend modulation lever, two control knobs
- Display - 240 x 64 dots white graphic LCD
- Output jacks - L/Mono, R
- External input jack, hold pedal jack, control pedal jack
- MIDI I/O
- USB - supports USB MIDI and USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Memory
- Power supply - DC 9V (AC Adapter)
- Current draw - 1,000 mA
- Accessories - Owner's manual, CD-ROM (Style Converter 3.0, Playlist Editor), AC Adapter (PSB-1U), Music Player Pad, USB Memory Protector
- Operating Rig Requirements - Windows XP Home SP2 or later / Windows XP Pro SP2 or later / Windows Vista (does not work with 64-bit Vista)
- Dimensions - 41-3/16" W x 12-9/16" D x 4-1/16" H
- Weight - 13 pounds, 4 ounces