Take This Martin to the Big Stage!Here's a classic-sounding Martin, with built-in electronics for unbelievable plugged-in tone! The "Orchestra"-sized Martin Performing Artist DCPA3 is designed for just who its name says it is... this is the perfect Martin guitar for those of you performing and hitting the stage. Whether you want a fantastic acoustic-electric for your coffee shop shows around tone or you want an arena-worthy acoustic that sounds phenomenal plugged into a massive PA, the Martin Performing Artist GPCPA4 is your pick. This beauty features one of the most popular tonewood combinations: a solid Sitka spruce top and a solid Sapele back and sides. The Sitka gives you the power and strength you want, while the Sapele complements it nicely for a well-balanced sound. Fun fact: this is the kind of guitar that will age incredibly well... Sitka spruce sounds amazing right away, but gets better and better and better and better with time too. It's quite the investment.
Other touches on the Martin Performing Artist GPCPA4 include a cutaway, so you'll be able to play all the way up the neck - with easy access to those upper frets. That's important for performers. And you're probably wondering now about the electronics, so we'll tell you about them. You've got a Fishman F1 Analog system onboard here, reproducing your every playing nuance. These pickups sound phenomenal... and when you pair phenomenal pickups with a carefully crafted guitar by some of the best craftsmen in the world? Well, you get an outstanding all-around instrument. If you're performing and recording, you can't really go wrong with a Martin, and if you're performing... you absolutely, positively, cannot go wrong with the Martin Performing Artist GPCPA4.
Martin GPCPA4 Performing Artist Series Acoustic/Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Finish: Natural Polished Gloss
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: Grand Performance 14 Fret Cutaway
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Two Ring
- Top Bracing Pattern: Hybrid "x" Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16"
- Back Material: Solid Sapele
- Back Purfling: None
- Side Material: Solid Sapele
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: Black Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: None
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: None
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist Profile
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8"
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Offset Dots - White Abs
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Black Richlite
- Bridge Style: Performing Artist Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Interior Label: None
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Analog
- Brown Hardshell Case Included