A Great-sounding Mixer You Can Count on!When it comes to running live sound (that is, running live sound right) nothing compares to the importance of reliability... obviously. That's what make the Soundcraft GB4-24 mixing console an easy first choice for your rig. Affordable as it is, this baby's packed with the features you need to run your shows right. Start off with the preamps - we're talking about Soundcraft's GB30 mic pres here. If you didn't catch the buzz these sweet-sounding pres made back when Soundcraft co-founder, Graham Blyth, announced them, you'll understand why everyone raved about them the very first time you fire up your GB4-24 console. But that's not all...
Each of the GB4's mono channels features a rock-solid 4-band equalizer. Just like the GB4's preamps, these GB30-style 4-band EQs come straight out of the flagship MH-series architecture. Now, if that fires you up as much as it should, you're a serious Gear Nut for sure! (If not, do a little reading, then freak out with the rest of us.) Even cooler, the GB4 also features dual-mode functionality - which is a fancy way of saying that you can flip the aux sends and groups, and put your auxes on the short-throw faders. Monitor engineers... you can start the drooling - NOW! Round off the package with optional redundant power supplies, and a beautiful sloping rear connector panel that lets you get at the back of the board from the front of the desk (you'll thank Soundcraft for that, when you realized what the intern messed up mid show), and you've got yourself one heck of a sweet live mixing desk!
Soundcraft GB4-24 24-channel Analog Mixing Console Features at a Glance:
- Design style based on the MH console series
- 24 x mono input channels with GB30 microphone preamps and 4-band GB30 EQ section
- Direct outputs on every mono channel
- GB30 preamps and EQ designed by Soundcraft co-founder Graham Blyth (based on the MH3 and MH4 consoles)
- Dual-mode operation allows configuration as either a FOH or monitor mixer, at the touch of a button
- 7 x busses (4 subgroups plus left, right, and center main mixes)
- 8 x auxiliary sends with flexible pre/post switching
- 4 x mute groups
- A 7-x-4 matrix allows 4 separate sub-mixes of left, right, center and group outputs
- 4 segment LED's on each output and 12 segment output meters
- Internal power supply with external PSU link option