Finalize!The newest progression in TC's Multi-Award winning mastering technology - the Finalizer 96K - delivers unprecedented levels of clarity, richness and punch to your mix.
The Finalizer 96K's all new set of cutting-edge features and enhancements, including 96kHz internal and external processing truly puts the world of pro mastering within reach of every studio - large or small. Inserted between the stereo out of your mixer or workstation and your master recording media, the Finalizer 96K dramatically enhances your material, creating that "radio ready" sound - previously unattainable outside a pro mastering house.
What does the FInalzer 96K do?
When you use the Finalizer 96K you can easily enhance the Dynamics of your mix while you mix. Inserted between the Stereo out of your mixer or DAW and your DAT or CDR, it enhances the dynamics and ensures optimal Analog to Digital conversion.
- Normalize: Real-time Gain Maximizer
- Fade: Manual or Auto Fade Tool
- Convert: 24bit/96kHz resolution A/D and D/A converters, Format conversion (AES/EBU, S/PDIF and Tos-link) ADAT interface (track bounce)
- Expand: Variable Slope multiband Expander
- Balance: L/R balance in 0.1dB steps
- Sample Rate Conversion: Enter and exit at any Sample Rate e.g. 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz and make even asynchronous conversion possible
- Enhance: Go with between Dynamic EQ, Stereo Adjust, Digital Radiance Generator and Spectral Stereo Image
- Squeeze: Multiband Compressor
- Dither: Maintain the highest resolution at the digital AES/EBU and S/PDIF outputs, Tos-link and ADAT
- Trim: Variable Ceiling multiband Limiter
- Shape: Five band 24bit Stereo Digital Equalizer
In short, all the tools you need are provided in the Finalizer 96K and makes it essential in your studio.
True 24 bit/khz Performance
New features have been added to the Finalizer 96K. It features been updated with new true 24bit resolution A/D and D/A converters. Sample Rate Converter translates AES/EBU, S/PDIF and Tos in to the Finalizer's internal or external rate. The Finalizer 96K is now able to hit the stage full Up- and Down Sampling, and the Sample Rate Conversion rate is e.g. 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz.
The ADAT interface enables you to freely go with 2 ADAT channels and direct them to other channels on the ADAT. This enables you to bounce tracks while processing the sound with the Finalizer's one-of-a-kind features. Finalize your mix and turn it into a masterpiece.
Brain-dead simple Versatility
The Finalizer 96K offers up all the features you need to add the finishing touch to your mix. The Finalizer 96K's multiband processor will make your mix sound punchier and crispier. With the Finalizer 96K you can easily turn your demo tapes into finished recordings. You just decide what your recordings should sound like and the Finalizer 96K will make it happen.
If you prefer using an external device and insist on using it, the Finalizer 96K offers the ability to insert it, using the analog ins or Digitally via AES/EBU, S/PDIF or Tos-link. The Finalizer 96K also offers the choice of inserting internal effects, this if useful for you when you e.g. want to refine the overall EQ before compressing the signal.
The Finalizer 96K features lots of extremely useful analyzer functions: Phase Correlation Meter, Level Flow Meter, Peak Hold Meter and Digital I/O Status. Even a Calibration Tone Generator is included in the Finalizer 96K.
Making it Easy
The successful Wizard function is naturally a part of the Finalizer 96K and it will immediately calculate an optimal setting for your material. The more experienced user may adjust the signal path extensively with more than 90 parameters to go with from. All of the Finalizer's functions are easily monitored on the graphic LCD and on the seven precision LED meters.
The use of dithering is completely important when interfacing digitally between audio gear. When resolution is changed from higher to lower, dithering is necessary to minimize distortion. In the Finalizer 96K you have the user friendly TPDF Dithering. The out resolution of the Finalizer 96K is 24bit, when the receiver of the Finalizer signal has a lower resolution, output Dither must be applied to equal the resolution of the receiver. You can Dither from 8-22bits. If your low level signals are in Stereo, Uncorrelated Dither is the best choice, if they are in Mono, Correlated Dither will be the most unobtrusive. If the low level signals are unfocused, Inverse Dither may be your best choice.
Finalizer 96K Algorithms
The Recall page takes you step by step through a carefully selected list of 30 presets perfect for any type of source material. There are presets for Classical, Rock, Commercials, Jazz, Techno, Live etc. When you want to make your own special preset, call up the Wizard. Just answer four basic questions about your source material and the type of processing you require and the Wizard will perfect your material fast and really simple.
TC Electronic Finalizer 96K Features:
- 24/96 resolution A/D, D/A converters
- 45kHz bandwidth; high dynamic range
- Multi band stereo enhancement
- Mono, stereo, and inverse user-defined dithering
- Genuine time sample rate conversion that supports sample rates from 32kHz to 48kHz. The Word Clock in, AES/EBU or SPDIF ins may act as the master clock.
- ADAT port for direct analog to lightpipe stereo conversion.
- Word clock in (RCA)
- Ultra stable digital clock
- Two block insert points including parametric EQ, dynamic EQ, De-essing w/ variable Q, MS encode/decode, digital radiance generator, stereo adjust, and external device insert. Plus accurate left & right balance in the in path.
- Able to insert digital gear into an all digtal path so you can use your classic gear into the Finalizer digital chain.
- Able to insert digital gear into an all analog path so you can utilize another AES/SPDIF processor with the Finalizer's analog I/O.