The Mothership of Music Production Workstations!
Click for Video & Audio Demos:
- SuperNATURAL ARX expansion
- Exclusive operating rig update
- Extra-wide LCD
- Cutting-edge sound engine
- Natural keyboard feel and action
GearNuts exclusive - operating System update
We've taken the time to update the Fantom-G's operating system to the most current version, saving you the trouble of downloading and uploading. It features killer new piano sounds and new arpeggio flexibility, in addition to other benefits.
Fantom-G Operating System 1.31 Features:
- Four new piano sounds have been added to the preset patches.
- Now you can make your own Arpeggio Styles.
- The number of Arpeggio Styles has been increased to 128 presets + 128 user styles
- User styles have also been added.
- The Tempo and RPS / Rhythm Pattern Set Number can now be stored in the Live/Studio Set.
- You can now play RPS / Rhythm Pattern Sets not only from the pads, but also from the keyboard.
- The number of RPS / Rhythm Pattern Sets has been increased to 64 sets.
- The knobs, sliders, D Beam and S1/S2 buttons can now be used to control multiple parts at once.
- The time signature can now be specified for phrases.
- In Make Project, you can now select Internal memory plus USB memory.
Cutting-edge sound engine
Powered by a rocking new audio processor, the Fantom-G has new sonic depth and versatility. With twice the wave-ROM capacity of its predecessor, it contains a treasure trove of Roland's world-famous SRX-quality sounds, but what really sets this instrument apart is its new ARX expansion, which allows more SuperNATURAL sound-sets and fully dedicated synth and effects engines to be added to this already intense live workstation.
One look and touch and you'll know that the Fantom-G is an instrument without equal. Only the highest-quality materials have been used to make this dream synth, with a stylish, futuristic design that will turn heads. Front and center is the extra-large 8.5" wide TFT color LCD for enhanced productivity. A first-class assortment of handson controls is provided as well, including eight sliders, four knobs, and ten buttons below the LCD.
The Fantom-G is the first Roland instrument to feature Roland's newly designed power sequencer. In conjunction with the large-size LCD, this pro-level composition tool has 128 tracks (including 24 audio tracks) in a fully intergraded audio/MIDI graphical environment. A mouse can be also incorporated for computer-like speed and ease. Other useful features include combo XLR and Tip-ring-sleeve connector, phantom power for condenser microphones, Hi-Z input for guitar and bass, and line input.
SuperNATURAL ARX expansion
Fantom-G has ARX slots that accommodate two SuperNATURAL expansion boards. SuperNATURAL is Roland's one-of-a-kind behavior-modeling technology that enables a new level of organic, emotional expression previously unattainable in synthesizers. Applied to traditional-instrument sounds, SuperNATURAL enables the delicate, organic tonal changes and playing nuances of genuine musical instruments. It's also a rocking tool for electronic and non-traditional sounds, breathing amazing new life and expression into synthesis.
Fantom-G is loaded with a state-of-the-art effects engine, with multi-effects available for each Fantom-G sound/part. In 16-part multi-timbre mode, up to 22 effect routings can be used at once. Make complex setups with 16 insert effects per patch, plus global reverbs and choruses. Mastering effects are provided for polishing songs created with the built-in sequencer.
Natural keyboard feel and action
The Fantom-G8 is outfitted with Roland's top-of-the-line PHA II "Ivory Feel" keyboard. This amazing keyboard technology reproduces the genuine surface feel of ivory acoustic piano keys providing a familiar stability and comfort to the pianist. The white keys have a 2-piece structure which reduces the surface 'click' noise when playing. The newly developed keyboard surface material is designed to absorb moisture, ensuring a secure, slip-proof feel that your fingers will love.
Roland Fantom-G8 88-key Sampling Synthesizer Workstation Features:
- Cutting-edge sound engine with double wave capacity of previous flagship workstation
- 2 x ARX expansion with SuperNATURAL performance-expression technology
- Graphic user interface with extra-large 8.5" wide color LCD and mouse connectivity
- Newly developed built-in audio/MIDI sequencer with 128 tracks, including 24 audio tracks
- Multi-effects for each part; up to 22 effects routings can be programmed simultaneously
- Heavy-duty casing with aluminum panel
- Top-of-the-line keyboard action; weighted PHA II "Ivory Feel" keyboard on Fantom-G8